Badger5AH Fabrications
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Stu!!!'s Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    60

    Question 1.8 T (190) Servicing and Tuning ... New owner needing guidance !

    Hiya guys,

    I recently bought an 03 A4 Avant 1.8 T Sport (190bhp) and am due to get it booked in for a service with a specialist this week.

    Its got FSH, (90% Audi and 1 Independent) but it hasnt been serviced for 13k, so wondering if theres anything I should ensure that gets done. ( It had the cambelt and water pump done on 82k service already)

    Im also keen to get the car remapped for better driveability and improved performance and economy.

    Tbh, 90% of the time, the car is driven economically, as its used during commuting or school runs, but Id still love to have the extra torque and performance ready for a cheeky blast every now and then

    Im based in Cardiff, so are there any local tuners you'd recommend - or should I be looking to travel for the very best ?

    Oh, and before any remaps are booked, what other mods, would make the very best of the remap.

    Any help or advice would be appreciated

    Thanks,

    Stu

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    simon.m's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,746
    hi and welcome ;-) have them drop the sump and clean it out and fit a new oil pump and strainer/pick up this is a big problem with these cars so if its being done mate get them to do it in one go

  4. #3
    CMD
    CMD's Avatar
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    S. Wales
    Posts
    3,021
    Tip for you Stu take your car to J P BOARD based in Bridgend I have all my work done by Chris. My family member's also bring there car's there (all VAG car's) all the way from Birmingham. They will do basic service to major work they will also fit any after market part's (you supply) and most importantly the are VAG specialists and don't charge the earth.
    Last edited by CMD; 14th February 2011 at 22:01.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.


    WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

  5. #4
    Stu!!!'s Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    Tip for you Stu take your car to J P BOARD based in Bridgend I have all my work done by Chris. My family member's also bring there car's there (all VAG car's) all the way from Birmingham. They will do basic service to major work they will also fit any after market part's (you supply) and most importantly the are VAG specialists and don't charge the earth.
    Thanks for the reccomendation - Ive also been referred to Euro-Performance in Pontyclun, they also come highly reccomended too ...

    Are you based in Cardiff too ?

  6. #5
    CMD
    CMD's Avatar
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    S. Wales
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu!!! View Post
    Thanks for the reccomendation - Ive also been referred to Euro-Performance in Pontyclun, they also come highly reccomended too ...

    Are you based in Cardiff too ?
    Who?
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.


    WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

  7. #6
    CHRIS555's Avatar
    DOPE with added OCD

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    Who?
    Like the sig Colin!

  8. #7
    CMD
    CMD's Avatar
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    S. Wales
    Posts
    3,021
    QJames has all ready pulled me up on the date's being wrong (i will fix tomorrow).
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.


    WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

  9. #8
    Stu!!!'s Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    Who?
    Hiya, this is their website :

    Euro Performance Ltd - VW AUDI Specialists South Wales, Service, Repair and Performance

    Ive also submitted a quote from Celtic Tuning, for a Remap and Service - any experience or thoughts on them ?

  10. #9
    CMD
    CMD's Avatar
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    S. Wales
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu!!! View Post
    Hiya, this is their website :

    [URL="http://www.euro-performance.co.uk/index.html"]Ive also submitted a quote from Celtic Tuning, for a Remap and Service - any experience or thoughts on them ?
    I like many other's on here (ASN member's) use Badger5 for tuning as the guy know's his stuff and his reputation is 2nd to none.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.


    WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

  11. #10
    Stu!!!'s Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    60
    Thanks for the heads up

    Where is badger5 ? Any links ...

    What's this ASN also ?

    Thanks

  12. #11
    CMD
    CMD's Avatar
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    S. Wales
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu!!! View Post
    Thanks for the heads up

    Where is badger5 ? Any links ...

    What's this ASN also ?

    Thanks

    Sorry Stu .. ASN = Audi Sport.net . Badger5 is based in Gloucesterhire (worth the journey) His website is a little on the crap side but Bill (badger5) know 's alot about VAG (volkswagon Audi Group) 1.8T's and is fully equipped to log/scan rebuild,tune, give you plan honest advice. He has built or upgraded countless engine's. I so far have had remap s1, clutch, exhaust, Rolling road tuning/loging and will be having a custom front mount intercooler ( not the run of the mill in your face type) made by him and his crew, they are also long term ASN member's.
    Last edited by CMD; 15th February 2011 at 18:39.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.


    WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

  13. #12
    Stu!!!'s Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    Sorry Stu .. ASN = Audi Sport.net . Badger5 is based in Gloucesterhire (worth the journey) His website is a little on the crap side but Bill (badger5) know 's alot about VAG (volkswagon Audi Group) 1.8T's and is fully equipped to log/scan rebuild,tune, give you plan honest advice. He has built or upgraded countless engine's. I so far have had remap s1, clutch, exhaust, Rolling road tuning/loging and will be having a custom front mount intercooler ( not the run of the mill in your face type) made by him and his crew, they are also long term ASN member's.
    Thats really good to know - cheers

    Does he do servicing too ?

  14. #13
    CMD
    CMD's Avatar
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    S. Wales
    Posts
    3,021
    He could do. But thing's like cambelt's water pump's ect and regular servicing i use J P Board.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.


    WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

  15. #14
    Stu!!!'s Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    He could do. But thing's like cambelt's water pump's ect and regular servicing i use J P Board.
    Thanks again, do you ever have local meet's with local Audi owners ?

    Would be good to meet some other owners, check out the cars, and see what mods are available, and learn from the guys in the know

  16. #15
    CMD
    CMD's Avatar
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    S. Wales
    Posts
    3,021
    Stu the ASN forum as a whole Has more going on than an A4/b6 Forum, ASN is also a club which has club display's at most show's each and every year.. We as a club have won awards at AITP (AUID IN THE PARK) which is now a massive event, ADI (AUDI DRIVER INTERNAIIONAL) We won a silver award. GTI INTERS AND GTI FEST, ROLLING Road Event's are all coming up soon.In Wales we have local meets at the end of each month. . Most of us from S .Wales have become good friend's over the last 2 or so year's and have helped each other out which is a great bonus. All the local meet's / major show's are a grown up affair so come along and meet your fellow forum/club member's (don't be shy)

    S. Wales http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/smaller...ales-meet.html

    GTI inters 2011. GTI Inters 2011 guest list :) (for use of adding names only NOT discussions)

    U.dUBS. Ultimate Dubs - March 12th -13th 2011

    AITP 2011 AITP 2011 Flyer...plain and simple...just like me!

    Last Year.
    Audi Driver's International - 9th October 2010 - ***Official Thread***

    Edition38 Pics Thread

    AITP 2010 Pic Thread

    GTI International 2010 PIcs thread
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.


    WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO