First Log of Hybrid SP51X K04 on stock map

docurley

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
hometown.aol.co.uk
Ok this is the first time I have done this and before you say it "No, I have no idea how to read them"

So anyway I did two runs in 3rd gear from 40mph and just need an idea how it all looks.

Mods are in my sig on OEM 190bhp Map

LOG-01-001-002-020.jpg

Any suggestion would be good and yes I'm hopping to get her mapped soon.

Last edited:
Doc also pm Badger5 (Bill) with these log's as he will break them down for you.

Mass flow is VERY low?

Is this with a TT MAF on the OEM Map?

If so, the reported values will be underreading by approx 37%, so your peak of 110g/s is actually more like 150g/s or ~188bhp.

I guess this is to be expected though, because your car has a boost sensor and will be only boosting to 12psi, as thats what the stock map is requesting.

Your CF's are quite high, but i suspect this is because the skewed MAF readings will be advancing your ignition timing across the board.

Unfortunately ME7.5 is a lot more intelligent than the ME3.8 us B5's get, so you really need a tune to sort things out and see the best from this turbo!

Interesting data, seems you have quite a bit of knock (pinking) being detected on all Cf banks. Based on my experiance with my car this is when the map takes timing advance out due to detection of pinking. It ideally should not read much above 3.0 occasionally.

The cause will could be lack of fuel making the mixture lean or high intake temps due to the air being compressed by the turbo (generating heat) and not being cooled enough by the intercooler.

Out of intrest what intercooler are you currently running?

Just remembered this info from revo, if you scroll down through it you will come to an explanation of what is going on in the data blocks .
https://products.revotechnik.com/products/pdf/SPS3_advancedUserGuide060406.pdf

Hope that helps !

As i said above, the CF's will be most likely due to the MAF swap having overadvanced the ignition timing, especially it wasnt running 98 octane fuel.

Hes running the standard twin sidemounts and making stock power, so i doubt its an intercooling issue tbh.

It really needs mapped properly, or put back on its original MAF for now.

I suspect it is the MAF Causing the issue and no I was running 95 RON as I was figuring the larger injectors would flow more fuel in to the system.

So back to the B6 MAF housing and maybe fill her up with 98 RON and run some new logs but mapping is a plus, plus I have the Limmiwinks software which I was looking to try and solve a few issue plus do the diode mod but maybe extra boost is not a good thing right now.

Last edited:
Just wondering why you are messing around logging a car with a Hybrid turbo but no map to suite? It is never going to perform and you run the risk of damaging the engine in the mean time. For what a custom map costs, and you have already spent money on a hybrid, it just doesn't make sense to me.

He is slowly working towards it, just wanted to be sure he wasn't going to run into problems while he saves up etc that's all

He diod the same as me and collected the bits as he went along, then changed parts as they needed to the upgraded bits. He is awaiting the outcome of some tuning to see where it goes to be done

As i said above, the CF's will be most likely due to the MAF swap having overadvanced the ignition timing, especially it wasnt running 98 octane fuel.

The MAF is not directly related to ignition timing advancement it's related to the air/fuel ratio. To change stock ignition sttings you need to get the car "Re-mapped" to do this.

Just changing the MAF will not effect ignition maps.

Any modifications away from stock ie bigger turbo injectors etc requires a custom map to avoid any possible engine damage from lean running.

Doc I would strongly advise getting a pro-tuner to take a look as soon as possible mate.

The MAF is not directly related to ignition timing advancement it's related to the air/fuel ratio. To change stock ignition sttings you need to get the car "Re-mapped" to do this.

Just changing the MAF will not effect ignition maps.

Any modifications away from stock ie bigger turbo injectors etc requires a custom map to avoid any possible engine damage from lean running.

Doc I would strongly advise getting a pro-tuner to take a look as soon as possible mate.

Thats the idea, I did have one company have a go at it but they could not do it and the car either ran so rich I could smell the petrol or it just ran like crap. So as Bryzan stated I am waiting the out come of someone elses car being mapped so that I can get mine done.

The reason I ran a Log was to see how the stock tune is holding up with all the changes.

Diode mod is this Fourtitude.com - DIY: Clamping the Map Sensor aka "Diode Mod"

Ok looks like the 3" MAF is not needed on the B6 and only needs changing if running 28RS or larger. So I will swap back in the stock MAF housing at the weekend and log again.