JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Which battery would be best ?

Hi all ive got a flat battery today so any advice on which brand or are the audis not fussy ,halfords any good?its the 3.0 v6 if that helps cheers ally

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    dont think it matters now days they all mostly come with the same warrnty just get the biggist your money can mate ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks Simon just looking at the costs if i can get my car going argghhh

1st Gear

Status
    I put an exide x-tra plus in 2.5tdiQ
    I think its this one for the 3.0 petrol (i assume)
    017TE Exide Car Battery X-Tra Plus (XTra Plus) (XP10) - Car Batteries - Exide Car Batteries
    2.5 tdi Quattro sport - PhatBox - DIS - Cruise - RS4 ARB - Remap - and a few other minor mods/retrofits
    2.0 TFSI A4 b7 cab - completely std for now... (the wife's car)

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks they ain't cheap are they lol

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Would go for a Bosch Battery - find your nearest "German & Swedish" trade counter.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

1st Gear

Status
    Not sure there is one in aberdeen away for a look thanks

BahnStormer

Status
    Which car is this for? Each model if different: here's the LINK for the thread on my battery probs on my 2.5TDI quattro.

Just call up GSF: they can advise... and there's normally stores everywhere.

Try to get the right one for your car: e.g. I'm pretty sure that a 2.5TDI needs a higher spec than a 3.0 Petrol (tbh, with the way diesels are, the 1.9TDI probably needs more than an S4!).

Here's my notes from my 2.5TDI:
    There's a variety of Bosch batteries, from the fitting guide above, it looks like there's these three that are suitable, not sure which one is the "Silvertop":
    95Ah 850CCA model S6 002
    100Ah 830CCA model S5 013
    74Ah 680CCA model S4 008

I'd prefer the Ah's, rather than the CCA's

I'll check which one of those Bosch's GSF does for 75-ish... otherwise there's the Varta H3 for 100-ish...

The link before to eBay looks like the Varta version ofthe "Bosch S5 013" is a "VARTA H3 (019/017)"
    I seem to remember the cheapest one for my V6 TDI was about 75 + VAT, but the top spec Bosch one with about 25% more AH's was about 86+VAT... as far as I'm concerned, that's 20(+VAT) extra well spent!
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks m8 ended up with a 640amp one after calling the aa out its a unipart one 3 year no quibble guarantee for it 100 it cost fitted