WHEEL SPACERS!

vorsprung dork

Reaction score
im thinking about getting hubcentric wheel spacers for my avant! im running 19" lambo reps with 235 35 19 tyres! i dont know what j the rims are but i know that they are et 33!! what size spacers can i run front and rear with standard sport suspension!

Got et33 18s and they are online with the arch, no way you need a spacer. If your tyre goes beyond arch you will fail MOT

right! i didnt know that about mot! i will post a photo when i get time! seems to me that i could go wider maybe 10 mil but im not sure! im not really up to speed on wheel et what not! all i know is that they are et 33!

No need for spacer's. If you use a 10mm spacer this will bring the offset down to ET23 which is way to much and the wheel's will stick out past the arches.

wheels3.jpg
What does Offset (ET) mean?

This is important if you are thinking of purchasing aftermarket alloy wheels. The offset is the distance in mm between the centre line of the wheel rim, and the line through the fixing (hub) face. You can have positive (+), negative (-) or neither (0). (See image adjacent).

It is important you choose the correct offset. Get it wrong and your wheels can scrub against the bodywork, suspension or at worst not turn at all!
Get it wrong and your wheels can scrub against the bodywork, suspension or at worst not turn at all! It is deemed illegal if your wheels sit outside the arches of your vehicle.

in another thread someone said that you should have an ofset of between 35 and 45 on audi mine being 33 does this put extra strain on bearings running gear? i imagine its only 2 mil extra? educate me! please!!

I wouldnt worry at all not at that
ive run 30 with no issues and on other cars run a lot less from standard and never had issues
some will say it will but in all honesty theres more stress turning a corner and loading the car to the hilt .

I know of some boy's (VW Forums) who are running some crazy offset's on there Vw Polo (6n2) who have been pulled by the plod and have had to resit MOT's due to the poke of the wheel's. I'm hoping to dodge the long net of the plod with my Polo 6n2 this summer (finger's crossed) .

OP, any chance of a few pics of yours on the lamb reps? Would be interested to see how they look and with ET33.

I know of some boy's (VW Forums) who are running some crazy offset's on there Vw Polo (6n2) who have been pulled by the plod and have had to resit MOT's due to the poke of the wheel's. .
And the irony of this is they can pass a MOT again with the tyres sticking out yet as soon as it hits the road again its against the law .

will post picks at the weekend as daylight an work dont mix at the mo!
if you check out the thread "my ride" this may or may not give you an idea!

its not illegal for the tyres to stick out, only the tread. Obviously you'll attract more police attention possibly. Although i've got 18x9.5 et47 and 20mm spacers/adapters giving a final et of 27 on the rear, a 225/40/18 tyre, the treads under the arch the rim is about 15mm out from the edge. Maximum legally you are allowed is 30mm but this is a very grey area and most coppers will not not know either, so you could well get a ticket.
I've been running mine on my golf then the avant for 3 years and been stopped twice (golf) no tickets.

plus its not a full MOT you need, its just a correction at an MOT garage and a stamp on on a bit of paper.

plus its not a full MOT you need, its just a correction at an MOT garage and a stamp on on a bit of paper.
thats dependes on where and who pulls you ,
you may have a prohibition notice (pg9) put on the car then its a full test again ,
or you may as said just get a VDRS (vehicle defect rectification scheme) form that gets stamped at any MOT station when the defects have been rectified.