Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

tried a polisher for the first time (pics)

heres the results of the half polished car lol

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Gotta love the red Audis!
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

1st Gear

Status
    cheers james

3rd Gear

Status
    its looking very nice and shiny but what polisher and what polish did yo use???
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks ,i used a portercable polisher with menzarna polish and sonus pads then coated with fk1000p

3rd Gear

Status
    errrm sounds good but what does that mean i'm not in the polishing business lol, can this be used on pearlescent black...
    sorry if this sounds daft.....
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Nice work allyp .. Pabs When using any type of machine polisher ie PC,Rotary,DA you will have to use product's/polish that are compatible like Menzerna,3M, Sonus. You have different types of pad's for the amount of correction level needed.. If your car has heavy swirl's and surface scatches then more cutting is reqired . Any product listed will work fine on your car but the car must be 100% clean before using a polisher and after the polishing stage or stages the paint must then be sealed and protected.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

2nd Gear

Status
    great correction with a da can be hard work on tough vag paint. Can't believe the reflections you got with good old fk on top, first pic blew me away. You on detailing world as well?
    A6 Avant 2.5tdi Quattro Sport 220bhp 458Nm 6 speed Manual

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for all the comments,,i first clayed the car with meguiars clay and cleaned it with Tardis (tar remover good stuff)and used G101 All purpose cleaner for the awkward bits,i may be wrong with the pad make sorry,i was recommended them by a well known detailing shop in aberdeen,Its not a perfect job but for the first time i was well chuffed took 8-9 hours mind you thats not even half done lol As said above think youd need finer pads for the pearlescent paint best to get the right advice before you start though I am on detailing world first post up now after a few years being a member !Great comment Hereford makes it all worth while
    Last edited by allyp; 7th February 2011 at 13:58.

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Job well done! Reminds me of the good'ol days seeing the Red!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks m8,im liking the look of that ,wheels look sweet on it ,low at the front mind lol

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    ^^ haha Thats my Signature Pic, Not a post up!
    ...didnt wanna hijack your thread. I used to have a red B6, its on the forum. Yours reminds me of the first time I polished mine up, cant beat the feeling of a Smooooooooth bonnet!.......(hmmmm well you can but you know what I mean ha)

BTW the RS4 aint 'that' low, it just looks OTT in the pic! - thats what messing around with Photoshop does for you!

1st Gear

Status
    Well i know exactly what you mean,keep wiping off the dust particles lol,its hard to beat,did think the rs looked too low still nice though,who has your old one then m8 what did you get to replace it ?

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    haha yeah it can go that low though once the Bilsteins are on.
    Another forum member had my red one, then I bought a kingfisher blue one...then sold that to some dick who smashed it within a few wks then bought an RS4 but ive always been a fan of the A4 B6, love the whole package - shape, stance, love the high door lines, makes the A4 for me, just looks solid! It aint ruled out that ill return to a B6 but some will tell you I like to be different...lol...

1st Gear

Status
    OOOh nice rs4 would be great fun,love to try one out lol,nothing wrong with being different either ha ha

DOPE with added OCD

Status
    I got my Megs DA at crimbo and totally love it - bet you were buzzin when you saw the results?!