Badger5JMB Retrofits
    5th Gear

Status

Colour wire is it

Can any one tell me the colour of the wire that's live that goes to the interior light on a audi a4 cabriolet also the earth wire. ???.as my muilt meter don't work cos I stud on it last week

2. # ADS
    ADS

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Earths on Audi are always "Brown" - Pin 6 of interior light.
    [B250] Plus Connection in roof wiring harness is coloured red/yellow - Pin 3 of interior light.
    Last edited by Woorlord; 6th February 2011 at 09:18.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

5th Gear

Status
    where will i find the wire to connect to so my footwell lights come on when i open door and go off when i shut it ... wont wanna use vagcom i wanna cheat and do itthe easy way .. witch fuse is it so i can join on to a wire there ????????

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vr6gordy View Post
    where will i find the wire to connect to so my footwell lights come on when i open door and go off when i shut it ... wont wanna use vagcom i wanna cheat and do itthe easy way .. witch fuse is it so i can join on to a wire there ????????
    There is never an easy way - just the right way!
    Perhaps you should buy a new multimeter and work it out?
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Woorlord View Post
    There is never an easy way - just the right way!
    Perhaps you should buy a new multimeter and work it out?
    thanks for the help then

Status
    Have posted a link in the your other related thread with regard to footwell lights - best to keep all your queries on one subject/aspect together in the same thread.
    There is a fellow member who has a solution - read the original thread and perhaps ask for the info he has (post #10).

Footwell Lights "ON" with Interior light:
    Based on the Interior Light connector and if you want the footwell lights to come on with the interior light then use Pin 3 (red/yellow) [+12v feed mentioned previously] and Pin 10 (red/white) - these connections are effectively across the Interior light bulbs of the roof light, so run these to all your footwell lights.
    Last edited by Woorlord; 6th February 2011 at 19:07.

5th Gear

Status
    Based on the Interior Light connector and if you want the footwell lights to come on with the interior light then use Pin 3 (red/yellow) [+12v feed mentioned previously] and Pin 10 (red/white) - these connections are effectively across the Interior light bulbs of the roof light, so run these to all your footwell lights. ????????? i dont follow this use pin 3 ? where is that found

Status
    Based on the Interior Light connector and if you want the footwell lights to come on with the interior light then use Pin 3 (red/yellow) [+12v feed mentioned previously] and Pin 10 (red/white) - these connections are effectively across the Interior light bulbs of the roof light, so run these to all your footwell lights. ????????? i dont follow this use pin 3 ? where is that found
    On the "Interior Light" connector according to the circuit diagrams.

5th Gear

Status
    is the wire im looking for behind the glove box ??????????? please help im lost

Status
    is the wire im looking for behind the glove box ??????????? please help im lost
    Where is the main "Roof Interior light" on the Cabriolet - obviously different to the Saloon I have as your roof comes down?
    This is where the connector should be according to the cabriolet workshop circuit diagrams.
    Can send you a copy of the relevant Cabriolet interior light circuit diagrams if you want to see for yourself - PM me your email address.
    Last edited by Woorlord; 7th February 2011 at 09:32.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Woorlord would it be quicker and easier if you just went and did it for him?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Woorlord would it be quicker and easier if you just went and did it for him?

We all learn by doing........ just at different rates!

Status
    i dont follow this use pin 3 ? where is that found
    Make sense now I've sent you the circuit diagrams for the Comfort System?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Woorlord View Post
    Make sense now I've sent you the circuit diagrams for the Comfort System?
    yeah thanks