Cupra Splitter Price Increase?

cobraBLACK

Chocolate? It's doo-doo, baby!
Reaction score
Has anyone else bought one recently?

I phoned the local Seat dealer and they wanted £40 - it was only £21 before!

I thought perhaps he was looking at the wrong one but he said there's only one type and the design has always been the same.

They realise they're getting a lot more popular, thieving foooks!

Yuppp i got one 2years ago for the 8L & it was about £20 ..... i went in today and they wanted £44!

Yuppp i got one 2years ago for the 8L & it was about £20 ..... i went in today and they wanted £44!

I had heard recently that Seat have caught onto this popular mod and have therefore increased the price. I was lucky in the fact I picked up an new one on Gumtree for £15, bargain considering the cost now.

That may be an element of the price increase, however I suspect a bigger element would in fact be simply inflation coupled with exchange rate fluctuations. The exchange rates along could easily have added 50% to the price from a few years ago.

I suspect theres also some element of stock control.

I've seen this happen with various saught after model specific items. For instance B5 RS4 front grilles were around 50quid, now they're up at £120ish, whereas the standard model grille is still much cheaper. Simple fact is Audi dont want to have to re-manufacture new parts for some 11 year old car, so they just increase the price as their stocks run down.