Audi Main dealer

CMD

Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
I went to my Audi main dealer yesterday to order this part number. 8E0103927D01C The part's guy (prat) said no such number I then explained it's and engine cover ( Members post) Item #3 The guy was just was no help.. Can some please confirm that item #3 part number is 100% correct.

1) 8E281944701C
2) 8E2819422A01C
3) 8E0103927D01C

Before:
before

After:
after1

Hi Colin

That number is 100% correct. I'll take a photo of my invoice and post it up in a bit so you can show him that!

James you are a star mate. It look's like i'm missing the V at the beginingof the part number..

No worries ;)

I'm not sure how much difference that V makes, I'm sure it would have been possible to work it out without it!

Do the fitting lugs (or whatever they're called?) that I presume are shown in the first of those photo's come with the part or you have to order those seperately?

Oh and does anyone have a part number for the dipstick for the 1.8T (just the dipstick not the tube) - it's suffered the brittle plastic syndrome and a bit has broken off.

Last edited:
Do the fitting lugs (or whatever they're called?) that I presume are shown in the first of those photo's come with the part or you have to order those seperately?

They're available seperately. I didn't bother, the cover just sits in place and is held by the rubber seal around the engine bay.

I asked the very same question in this thread:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-cabriolet-s4-forum-b6-chassis/68758-engine-covers.html

This is the cover placed in the car, you can see where it needs to be trimmed by the intercooler pipe:

Mirrors010.jpg

This is the threaded part on the header tank:

Mirrors011.jpg

And this is the rubber bung on the underside of the new cover:

Mirrors012.jpg

So there must be a male bung part that screws into the header tank to mate with the underside of the new cover ....?

And this is the answer I got:

James my cover is the RS4 cover. It's got the rubber cup inside too but I can't use it as the 1.8t doesn't have the thread in the expansion bottle.

The part number for the RS4 cover is - 8E0 103 927F

You need to get a rubber bush, sleeve and longer bolt for the washer bottle. There's a mounting lug on the cover for it. I trimmed my cover at the front and it's held in place with a cable tie onto the back of the left headlamp - The RS4 has an extra bracket riveted on the front panel to house a rubber bush like the washer bottle bolt. You can't buy the bracket on it's own.

Part Numbers -

8E0 103 541 - Bush
078 129 734 - Spacer
078 129 669 - Rubber bush
N 105 538 03 - Bolt

:thumbsup:

They're available seperately. I didn't bother, the cover just sits in place and is held by the rubber seal around the engine bay.

I asked the very same question in this thread:

Thanks James. It seems good enough without the fixings, but I'll look when it's light to see if I have anything there that might work.

Cool. I'll try TPS mon if they will sell non-trade.

Yes Just fill out the form on there web site.

This was at the top of TPS web page,has anyone try to order parts as Joe public from them?
The TPS network is dedicated to supplying the needs of the independent motor repairer.
Please note that it is a service that is NOT available to the general public. If you require Volkswagen Group parts please contact your local Authorised Repairer who will be happy to source and supply any part you require.

Myself and a mate have no problem ordering part's them over the phone, and the part's are deliverd to his house.