audi a4 avant chrome trming

amar06fbr

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
my friend has a a4 (b6) avant.. and he is looking for some chrome trimming that goes around the windows.. is it easy to remove this from another car? there is a a4 breaking on ebay and that lad goes you will have to take it off yourself.. just want to kno is it easy and how to?

thanks guys..

its not easy
the doors need stripping to get the crome from them frame out etc
and if your not very careful the long pieces bend

No is the short answer, like Bez says frames out then rivets to drill, side rails are riveted on then clipped behind quarter glass', couple of hours work !!

hhmm am not really bothered about how long it would take as long as i get a good fit on them... side rails are riveted? doest that means i need to take out the back glass out and then i would be able to get the hole main peace off? sorry am abit confused because someone else told me it comes strght off with abit of force to pull.. and have you done this before?

thanks

Chromestrip1.jpg

Chromestrip2.jpg

Chromestrip3.jpg

Chromestrip4.jpg

thanks alot bois for the advice.. just last question.. how do i go with taking the main chrome trimming off? (is the last picture is rear window strip with the rivets or is that the doors?) has it got rivets goin around the top aswell or are there just cliped in to the front mirrors? and what is the best way to get access to the rivets? cheers bois means alot.. its just that am traveling 95 miles to Newcastle for it ..

p.s mail me a offer on a standard front lower valance.. my mates doing a sline conversion soon.. well when he find some foglight grills for the sline bumper..

After a bit more digging, tucked away in Elsawin I found the following which are for removing the chrome trim at the top of the doors, and for the underneath of the rear side window in the Avant.

TRim1.jpg

trim2.jpg