Recommend me a vinyl wrapper In Surrey?Hampshire !

crazypainter

Reaction score
Website
www.crazypainter.com
I live just near Aldershot and just got a quote to wrap my roof black and it was £180 ! No thanks, too much for that. Any recommendations of anyone please?
ta

£180 is about what i'd charge mate to wrap a roof :). Worth trying yourself though you may surprise yourself!!!!

having YouTubed it to get an idea of whats involved, it doesnt look too bad. But not possible to do on your own by the look of it! Also I have no garage and outside I would be worried about the wind blowing something underit, the other option is using a unit at work but its a joinery shop................loads of dust moving about! When they are using a heat gun, is that for bubbles or what? Maybe time to grow a pair and get on with it .............

Heatguns are used to activate the vinyl, when the backing is removed from the vinyl is not overly sticky, its only when heat is applied it activates the 'stickiness' as such. It makes it easier to apply / remove etc. Also teh vinyl has a system in it which eliminates bubbles. Wrapped my Audi not one bubble was visible! When heating the vinyl as well you can stretch / skew etc almost any way and once its set it stays there, making indentations etc easier to work around. Also though if you've made a mistake heating it back up put it back into its original shape so you can retry!!

I used Valet Magic in Ascot (they do vehicle wrapping as well as detailing). Great guys, fantastic job, and from what I can remember it was £150-180 for them to wrap my roof. Should be far from you either.

Just called Valet magic and he said £175. So i think this is probably the going rate. Better see how much the vinyl alone is and work out whats going in as labour alone on this, couple of hours seems to be whats required.........