S4 Brake Discs / Pads...

cfoster

Reaction score
My front discs on my S4 are virtually dead now so need to get something sorted as soon as..... I quite fancy going the cross drilled / grooved route but unsure what brand are most popular? I've seen that Black Diamond do them for my car but didnt know if anyone has had these before or any other alternatives?!

Cheers!

perfect time to get some Mercedes 350mm discs and some cayenne calipers on there.

lol would be nice but to be honest as standard they stop superbly!!!! Looking at the EBC grooved and ultimax discs but unsure whether they will be better than the usual ECP Pagid ones.....

Its the pads that make the difference really. As far as dics go, size matters, not really anything else, but the drilled / grooved ones do look nicer.

I can vouch for Tarox G88's lovely discs. Not sure on pads though, nothing by EBC.

definitely not EBC pads as you say!! From past experience they love dusting your wheels every time you stop!!! I'm tempted to go for the grooved Ultimax EBC discs and Pagid pads......

My experience of ebc discs is they warp if you happen to smoke too close to them, let alone heat them up.

Dont waste your time with Tarox they rust so quickly its unreally and to be honest didnt really perform any better than the standard set I had originally on a subaru I used to own, now I just stick to car maker parts as the brakes on modern cars are not bad and why upgrade if you can stop that bit extra when someone behind you cant lol
Just stick to Audi parts you wont do wrong mate its not worth mucking about, plus just be careful as car insurances are clamping down hard on any mod made so if you decide to use non standard oem part and dont inform them it could invalidate your car insurance

Good luck

Last edited: