FSI Petrol Leak

stoney

Reaction score
Hi, I am the owner of a A4 2.0 FSI Sport which I have owned for just over 1 Month. So far it has been back to the garage 2 times !!. It went in for a petrol leak and repair to wing mirror on 29/12/03 I picked it up on 31/12/04 after having a new fuel pump fitted (The first the dealer has replaced). The problem did not disappear though and the smell of petrol returned 2 days later. So the car has been taken back to audi this morning (4/1/05) for sorting out, luckily I have managed to find the fuel leak for them and apparently it is coming from the fuel rail which will need replacing (another first for the dealer). Has anyone else had similar problems with the FSI model?
Luckily for me though it's still under warranty and won't cost me anything apart from the inconveniance.

I own a 2003/53 Audi A4 2.0FSI SE. It has done 19500 miles and I purchased it used in August 2004 for £14600. The threads on here very rarely mention the fsi engine but the ones that I read are never good. I am not able to solve your petrol leak problem but I can safely say to you "We should have bought a 1.9tdi". This is by far the better engine all round but on 12-18month old cars they fetch around 2k more. When you speak with the Audi technicians they will tell you how good the FSI engine is but why is it they all drive A6 TDI's?
I too have had a recurring problem with my FSI. I have an annoying knocking on the clutch when it was depressed which was initailly explained to me as a knocking fuel pipe. I got a second opinion by another one of the stealers who say that they replaced clutch parts. The knocking is still there and do you know what? It is louder. I think that they never even had the clutch out in the first place.
Lastly, my service indicator is telling me that I need a service in 7900miles. It was only serviced 3000 miles ago at a cost of £250 on the AVS. Longlife my a&*$e.
Seriously thinking of getting rid and getting an A3 Sportback TDI.

Funny you should say about the 1.9TDI because Audi delivered to my dealer an A4 1.9 TDI Multitronic, for me to use whilst my part is on backorder. First impressions of this vehicle are very encouraging (especially multi tronic & cruise control), and it seems to appear quicker than 2.0 FSI on pickup. But I will see when I get my vehicle back.

Sounds as though your dash panel is set up for fixed servicing and not variable. The dealer you bought the car from should change the coding on the dash panel to variable FOC. If not give 'em a kick
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif