Please help with aftermarket stereo 1.8t cabriolet

mickmk4

Reaction score
Hi there, im new here and just moved up from my Mk4 Golf, bought myself an A4 cabriolet 2003 sport model.

I went to fit my aftermarket headunit today however when i pulled the standard headunit out (concert) i realised that i need 2 things an aerial adaptor which i think is

PC5-90 Audi A2 A3 A4 Amplified ISO - DIN Aerial Adaptor on eBay (end time 12-Feb-11 09:42:09 GMT)

and a wiring adaptor ive read through most of the posts and cant understand what i need between the PC9-404 or the PC9-401??

when i plugged the new headunit in it sounded like just the 2 front tweeters were working, the audi loom has 3 iso blocks, 2 normal and 1 longer block connector and to make things more confusing theres a little brown plug that plugs into the old headunit lol :banghead:

the new headunit has rca's if that helps

can somebody please help me out as im so confused and dont want to pay 35 notes to my local electrician ontop of the adaptor prices lol

thanks in advance Mike

You need the PC9-404. The 401 uses a hi-lo converter on your speaker outputs to feed them to the rear amp. You have RCA's so you need the 404 which feeds your rear RCA's directly to the amp.
You'll also need a fascia plate

Cheers Andy i got my adaptor this morning, i think i only really needed the red block connector but whats the blue lead coming from the red connector for it looks like a remote wire to turn the amp on, is that correct?

Thanks again, Mike