2.5 TDI fuel bleed off pipes.

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Even ladies and gents.
When I was changing my oil the other day, i inspected my bleed off pipes from the glow plugs. They looked abit soaked. My car is abit hard to start after it's been sat. I read this can be leaking bleed pipes. I beleive they're just push fit piping. Is this true and where woudl you normally get it from?

Does it sound worth changing?

Hi , yes ive done many for poor starting and its normally the leak off pipes. they are just push fit , you can get them from a local motor factors, tps, dealers, i think it comes in a roll from tps and you just cut them to size.

I'll second what Tony says, a leak in there will allow the diesel to drain back and introduce air into the system, causing starting issues.

I don't 'think' it will affect mpg, but its a cheap fix and worth doing.

t the risk of being stupid, where abouts are these? have been looking to check if mine are ok but I see no pipes from the glow plugs

They're from the injectors not the glow plugs. Small rubber pipes maybe 8 or 10mm diameter linking from one injector to the next.

If the injectors are moist around them then they will need replacing. When i did mine there was diesel running from them and the smell was noticable. However just to throw a cat among, i have never had any starting issues even when the pipes where perished. first time every time.

I didn't realise they were the injectors, Christ I'm being dim with this car.
Where abouts are the glow plugs on the 2.5 tdi?

Cheers Gents.

On the side of the heads with them black connestors fitted to the ends...Use plenty wd40 a few days before to ease them off as they known to snap in the head if forced...

Did the pipes on the o/s bank because the was fuel leaking .The old ones seemed hard and had to be cut off the connectors but the other side seems dry so left these.Perhaps the heat affects one side more than the other or maybe someone had already done the n/s bank.Cant see why this would affect starting made no diff that I could see but suppose it must save a tiny amount of lost fuel

If they leak, the fuel leaks out. Air goes in and you have to crank for the fuel to return.

I'll get mine done, and have a look out for the glow plugs.

Cheers lads.