Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    6th Gear

Status

2.5 TDI fuel bleed off pipes.

Even ladies and gents.
    When I was changing my oil the other day, i inspected my bleed off pipes from the glow plugs. They looked abit soaked. My car is abit hard to start after it's been sat. I read this can be leaking bleed pipes. I beleive they're just push fit piping. Is this true and where woudl you normally get it from?

Does it sound worth changing?
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Hi , yes ive done many for poor starting and its normally the leak off pipes. they are just push fit , you can get them from a local motor factors, tps, dealers, i think it comes in a roll from tps and you just cut them to size.

6th Gear

Status
    Cheers bud.
    Could this effect mpg?
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I'll second what Tony says, a leak in there will allow the diesel to drain back and introduce air into the system, causing starting issues.

I don't 'think' it will affect mpg, but its a cheap fix and worth doing.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro tony View Post
    Hi , yes ive done many for poor starting and its normally the leak off pipes. they are just push fit , you can get them from a local motor factors, tps, dealers, i think it comes in a roll from tps and you just cut them to size.
    what he said, +1

1st Gear

Status
    t the risk of being stupid, where abouts are these? have been looking to check if mine are ok but I see no pipes from the glow plugs
    2.5 tdi Quattro sport - PhatBox - DIS - Cruise - RS4 ARB - Remap - and a few other minor mods/retrofits
    2.0 TFSI A4 b7 cab - completely std for now... (the wife's car)

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    They're from the injectors not the glow plugs. Small rubber pipes maybe 8 or 10mm diameter linking from one injector to the next.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    If the injectors are moist around them then they will need replacing. When i did mine there was diesel running from them and the smell was noticable. However just to throw a cat among, i have never had any starting issues even when the pipes where perished. first time every time.
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

6th Gear

Status
    I didn't realise they were the injectors, Christ I'm being dim with this car.
    Where abouts are the glow plugs on the 2.5 tdi?

Cheers Gents.

6th Gear

Status
    On the side of the heads with them black connestors fitted to the ends...Use plenty wd40 a few days before to ease them off as they known to snap in the head if forced...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

4th Gear

Status
    Did the pipes on the o/s bank because the was fuel leaking .The old ones seemed hard and had to be cut off the connectors but the other side seems dry so left these.Perhaps the heat affects one side more than the other or maybe someone had already done the n/s bank.Cant see why this would affect starting made no diff that I could see but suppose it must save a tiny amount of lost fuel

6th Gear

Status
    If they leak, the fuel leaks out. Air goes in and you have to crank for the fuel to return.

I'll get mine done, and have a look out for the glow plugs.

Cheers lads.