Just Fitted Nav+ & DVD Changer

fod

Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
They neeed to get rid of the boot !!, although i am looking forward to seeing the M6 but they must kill the boot !!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
It's the hood I've got a problem with - looks like the perfect car for Quasimodo!

Well, its took about five months getting all the parts together, and two days to do the installation but i finally done it.

Its not the easiest job to do but its well worth it, anyone with the idea of doing the same I would advise to do it, it cost me half as much as one of those crappy AVIC-X1's (sorry AVIC owners, but they are crap) and it looks the biz, especially if you have a concert fitted like i had, the only problem is if you do have a concert (single din) then you will need more parts than if you have a double din (symphony sized)

Anyone thinking of fitting nav + let me know!

hopefully you should see some before and after pics below.

Can you do one just like that for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well done mate

Nice one Mike, looks the muts !!!
Just sent you a PM before I see your thread (doh !!)
Did you also do the TV and get the TMC bits from Yel??
Looking good.
Once mines installed, I'll be offering the same fitting service as my cruise control fitting empire (£200 all in in anybody's reading) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif Had another call the other day, reckon I owe you some serious drink now !! Got some lurvly Audi champagne for you next time we bump into each other !!
Next trick is to fit a heated steering wheel to Yels dads A4 !!!!
Still want you module coded ?? Leave us your number and I'll bell ya.
Well done ole chap, see ya soon
Chris

Doh, I just sent a PM back before looking at this too LOL

The Tv bits and the 'adaptor for quick(er) installation' come from a guy in poland- although i did have to make a few minor wiring changes (he's just joined yahoo groups offering nav units and parts)
The DVD changer come from a place in london (£250 delivered)
I did get a lot of advice and the 2005 TMC disks from yell, and they work fine.

£200 is a real bargain to install a nav+ unit mate, took me two days but that included removing the old single din cage, altering the centre console and wiring etc, I take it £200 wouldnt apply to single din jobs?

Happy new year!

Wow heated steering wheel, should come as standad in the UK, that'll be intresting, let me know how it goes mate.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Looks great; Is that a MAP on the floor in the passenger side though?.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif