Removing my vinyl wrap for another colour, but which one?!!!!

cfoster

Reaction score
Decided to keep my S4 now for the time being after test driving an S3 and new TT. Tempted to take the white vinyl wrap off and give it another colour change. I'm toying with Matt Black. Can't seem to find any pics of Matt Black B6 S4's? Anyone know of any? Ive seen a B7 and like the look. Also going to have to change the wheels, would it be black wheels as well or polished ones?

Any input would be great!!!

Chris

Don't you want to see the summer out with the white on?

Doesn't seem like five minutes since you did it!

I think it looks great white, but, I do think matt black sounds good, and would look seriously moody if you rolled it on a set of matt black rims, something like matt black bbs ch's with the pin strip polished edge.

BBS's were on teh list (only the reps, cant justify genuine ones! Or maybe a different look with the Gallardo rims?!

Had the white on for about 4 months now I think!! Usually i'd be selling the car after this length of time but want to keep this!!

Had the white on for about 4 months now I think!! Usually i'd be selling the car after this length of time but want to keep this!!

Lol, that's exactly what I'm like with cars! I normally get itchy feet after 3 months of owning a car, but I've had my a4 since July now, I've almost sold it twice in this time but can't do it cos I know its such a good car!!

seen a mat blue golf with carbon roof, and it look the dogs dangles

That sounds nice!

I've seen a matt red range rover sport but it looked like a salmon pink if anything so don't go down that route! (although I'm sure you won't as your original colour is red)

hmm perhaps a matt colour might be different rather than black.... matt gunmetal grey if its available maybe?!!

The only thing with matt gunmetal it could look like your car is sprayed in grey primer.

Go back to the original red paint!! The red on the S4's is gorgeous - concentrate on detailing that it will look awesome!

lol @ Burberry, the Chairman at the place I work will be happy as he's also the Chairman of Burberrys... .but no!!

See what you mean about Matt Grey looking like primer, reckon it might work though. They do a Satin grey as well which is a little shinier. These look good....

c214748364820102008175203_1.jpg

BMW-Z4-Matte-Grey-6.jpg

Chris555 - i'll keep it red for a couple of months but defo want to wrap it again, good practice!

Last edited:
px me it with the white still on? then you can play as much as you like wrapping mine,

px me it with the white still on? then you can play as much as you like wrapping mine,

lol, noooo could never get rid of mine, I love the V8 milltek noise too much!!!!!

Decided to keep my S4 now for the time being after test driving an S3 and new TT. Tempted to take the white vinyl wrap off and give it another colour change. I'm toying with Matt Black. Can't seem to find any pics of Matt Black B6 S4's? Anyone know of any? Ive seen a B7 and like the look. Also going to have to change the wheels, would it be black wheels as well or polished ones?

Any input would be great!!!

Chris

Can you do me a big favour and peel it off really carefully so i can put it on mine :jester:

Cheers Jay

Chris,

How much did it cost to wrap the S4? Who did it? and if it was you how much would you charge do do the same to another car? and how long does it take?

Toyed with getting some paint work done to tidy things up this year but wrapping may be another route.....

I think go brushed alloy a mate of mine is getting some in it's a new product gonna do my roof to see what it looks like once he gets the vynil that is
Or how about carbon effect it's textured too!

I say go this orange colour (borrowed from the zine)

s4.jpg

I actually really like that! Orange with gloss black roof maybe, or carbon roof, blades etc..... Need to replace my factory alloys though to get the look.

jbcalvin - I wrapped it myself mate, time wise I reckon I could turn it round in a complete week. I've had a fair few pm's asking about doing it but to be honest I dont have the time. I travel a lot with work (my full time job) so when I have free time i'm always doing sign work (I have a signwriting business i do part time) so that takes up most of it, I never get a full week off though!!

yappy - I've seen that brushed alloy but got a feeling it would be too 'bling' on an S4.... Ferrari / Lambo etc maybe!

Chris

no mate its only classed as a temporary covering so they do not need to be told.

Chris

Yeah that's what I was thinking about the brushed alloy effect haha definitely to bling.
I recon the z4 and RARRI on the pages before wud look cool

Is your car gloss White ATM yeah???
Or satin ? :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
just showed my girlfriend the orange and she turned her nose up so back to the matt black or grey... Feeling the grey at the moment as its a little different!! Have just requested some samples from my supplier!

yappy - still gloss white mate but will be removing it next week!

That's some serious skills wrapping the whole damn car! Fair play mate.
Reckon the roof would look sweeeeet if you wrapped it black like the S3 Sportback but thats my opinion. Did you not fancy some black rims when you first did it?

VERY nice motor

matt white does look good but probably very similar to what I have, or not an awful lot different, just the price of the vinyl is about 3 times more!!!!

Gave my last car a full carbon wrap, too bling for one of these?!

newcarbon2.jpg

newcarbon12.jpg

newcarbon7.jpg

Chris

I was just gonna say carbon lol.

Ive done my bonnet........to be honest it was to cover up some crap laquer but i am tempted to do the rest of the car.

Im in the sign game so i also do it myself.

Did you use the 3M di-noc carbon stuff? Its nice gear but still pretty expensive in comparison to standard wrapping vinyl.

It was indeed the 3M stuff, got a great deal on it before the prices of it rocketted!!!!! Didnt particularly like it on the 350Z so only lasted a few weeks!!!!!