Volks AutosBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Removing my vinyl wrap for another colour, but which one?!!!!

Decided to keep my S4 now for the time being after test driving an S3 and new TT. Tempted to take the white vinyl wrap off and give it another colour change. I'm toying with Matt Black. Can't seem to find any pics of Matt Black B6 S4's? Anyone know of any? Ive seen a B7 and like the look. Also going to have to change the wheels, would it be black wheels as well or polished ones?

Any input would be great!!!

Chris

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Don't you want to see the summer out with the white on?

Doesn't seem like five minutes since you did it!
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    I think it looks great white, but, I do think matt black sounds good, and would look seriously moody if you rolled it on a set of matt black rims, something like matt black bbs ch's with the pin strip polished edge.
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

1st Gear

Status
    BBS's were on teh list (only the reps, cant justify genuine ones! Or maybe a different look with the Gallardo rims?!

Had the white on for about 4 months now I think!! Usually i'd be selling the car after this length of time but want to keep this!!

1st Gear

Status
    seen a mat blue golf with carbon roof, and it look the dogs dangles
    Audi A4 1.8T quattro S Line Avant

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cfoster View Post
    Had the white on for about 4 months now I think!! Usually i'd be selling the car after this length of time but want to keep this!!
    Lol, that's exactly what I'm like with cars! I normally get itchy feet after 3 months of owning a car, but I've had my a4 since July now, I've almost sold it twice in this time but can't do it cos I know its such a good car!!

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AU01 A4 View Post
    seen a mat blue golf with carbon roof, and it look the dogs dangles
    That sounds nice!

I've seen a matt red range rover sport but it looked like a salmon pink if anything so don't go down that route! (although I'm sure you won't as your original colour is red)

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    tartan lol :?
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

1st Gear

Status
    hmm perhaps a matt colour might be different rather than black.... matt gunmetal grey if its available maybe?!!

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    The only thing with matt gunmetal it could look like your car is sprayed in grey primer.

DOPE with added OCD

Status
    Go back to the original red paint!! The red on the S4's is gorgeous - concentrate on detailing that it will look awesome!

1st Gear

Status
    Burberry
    Audi A4 1.8T quattro S Line Avant

1st Gear

Status
    lol @ Burberry, the Chairman at the place I work will be happy as he's also the Chairman of Burberrys... .but no!!

See what you mean about Matt Grey looking like primer, reckon it might work though. They do a Satin grey as well which is a little shinier. These look good....

Chris555 - i'll keep it red for a couple of months but defo want to wrap it again, good practice!
    Last edited by cfoster; 27th January 2011 at 09:30.

3rd Gear

Status
    px me it with the white still on? then you can play as much as you like wrapping mine,

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    i rather like the matt black stealth look on cars,

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by C17LJR View Post
    px me it with the white still on? then you can play as much as you like wrapping mine,

lol, noooo could never get rid of mine, I love the V8 milltek noise too much!!!!!

DOPE with added OCD

Status
    Do something "Bull Run" style!!!

1st Gear

Status
    I like the white, makes it look very rare..

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cfoster View Post
    Decided to keep my S4 now for the time being after test driving an S3 and new TT. Tempted to take the white vinyl wrap off and give it another colour change. I'm toying with Matt Black. Can't seem to find any pics of Matt Black B6 S4's? Anyone know of any? Ive seen a B7 and like the look. Also going to have to change the wheels, would it be black wheels as well or polished ones?

Any input would be great!!!

Chris
    Can you do me a big favour and peel it off really carefully so i can put it on mine

Cheers Jay

1st Gear

Status
    lol, no probs!! good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audi B6 S4 Avant, vinyl wrapped Matt Black, aftermarket filters, Milltek non-res system, RNSE, H&R Suspension, EBC Ultimax, 19x9.5" BBS LM, soon for sale !!

4th Gear

Status
    I say go this orange colour (borrowed from the zine)

Sam,

Gone

3rd Gear

Status
    Chris,

How much did it cost to wrap the S4? Who did it? and if it was you how much would you charge do do the same to another car? and how long does it take?

Toyed with getting some paint work done to tidy things up this year but wrapping may be another route.....
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

A4 b6 TDI V6 Quattro Sport

Status
    I think go brushed alloy a mate of mine is getting some in it's a new product gonna do my roof to see what it looks like once he gets the vynil that is
    Or how about carbon effect it's textured too!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmclark30v View Post
    I say go this orange colour (borrowed from the zine)

I actually really like that! Orange with gloss black roof maybe, or carbon roof, blades etc..... Need to replace my factory alloys though to get the look.

jbcalvin - I wrapped it myself mate, time wise I reckon I could turn it round in a complete week. I've had a fair few pm's asking about doing it but to be honest I dont have the time. I travel a lot with work (my full time job) so when I have free time i'm always doing sign work (I have a signwriting business i do part time) so that takes up most of it, I never get a full week off though!!

yappy - I've seen that brushed alloy but got a feeling it would be too 'bling' on an S4.... Ferrari / Lambo etc maybe!

Chris

Audi B6 S4 Avant, vinyl wrapped Matt Black, aftermarket filters, Milltek non-res system, RNSE, H&R Suspension, EBC Ultimax, 19x9.5" BBS LM, soon for sale !!

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    do you change your log book to show the new colour?
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

1st Gear

Status
    no mate its only classed as a temporary covering so they do not need to be told.

Chris

Status
    Yeah that's what I was thinking about the brushed alloy effect haha definitely to bling.
    I recon the z4 and RARRI on the pages before wud look cool

Is your car gloss White ATM yeah???
    Or satin ?
    Last edited by Yappy; 28th January 2011 at 10:01.

1st Gear

Status
    just showed my girlfriend the orange and she turned her nose up so back to the matt black or grey... Feeling the grey at the moment as its a little different!! Have just requested some samples from my supplier!

yappy - still gloss white mate but will be removing it next week!

Neutral

Status
    That's some serious skills wrapping the whole damn car! Fair play mate.
    Reckon the roof would look sweeeeet if you wrapped it black like the S3 Sportback but thats my opinion. Did you not fancy some black rims when you first did it?

VERY nice motor

Status
    How about matt White then I've seen a few done looks cool

1st Gear

Status
    matt white does look good but probably very similar to what I have, or not an awful lot different, just the price of the vinyl is about 3 times more!!!!

Gave my last car a full carbon wrap, too bling for one of these?!

Chris

Neutral

Status
    I was just gonna say carbon lol.

Ive done my bonnet........to be honest it was to cover up some crap laquer but i am tempted to do the rest of the car.

Im in the sign game so i also do it myself.

Did you use the 3M di-noc carbon stuff? Its nice gear but still pretty expensive in comparison to standard wrapping vinyl.
    Official audi-sport worry guts

1st Gear

Status
    It was indeed the 3M stuff, got a great deal on it before the prices of it rocketted!!!!! Didnt particularly like it on the 350Z so only lasted a few weeks!!!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Camo

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    How to ruin an already beautiful car.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.