B6 steering wheel minor upgrade

defsix

Reaction score
I'm wanting to upgrade my Avant B6 sport ( 3 spoke wheel) (with retrofitted DIS and Cruise) to a B6 Wheel with radio controls ( 3 spoke ). Do i need to upgrade any modules or slip rings ? Tried searching but most discussions are B6 to B7.

Depends on what steering wheel control module you have, there are 3 types, normal, normal+dis and normal+dis+multifunctionsteering wheel. You need the latter.
Also need some coding changes on vag-com, not sure about anything else.

Aren't the 3 spoke b6 wheels really rare with controls on them? I'm intreged about your current steering wheel......

I upgraded the SCM when adding Cruise, I had 2 letters to choose from, I think it was the later (R) . Would this do the trick ? Do the steering wheel controls plug into this ?

It's not what i'd generally call a MFSW, it just controls the radio etc. Anyways, bought it now, here Will see if it works when I get it. Fingers crossed.

would appreciate it if there was an expert that could confirm that they are radio controls and not DSG or Automatic controls etc.

According to ETKA that is a tiptronic steering wheel in soul black. If both sets of buttons have + and - on them it won't do your stereo:(

Last edited:
I checked ETKA too. It's looking the same way...
I got an email from the seller with more detailed pictures before he posts it to me, it does look like + and - , but they do look slightly different to the ones in ETKA. He's going to check what car it came from.

Has anyone seen a 3 spoke from a B6 with radio functions on it ?

Deffo tiptronic steering wheel, had the same wheel fitted to my cab before upgrading to B7 mfsw
was never a three spoke (sport) wheel for the B6 with radio controls only the 4 spoke type

Dan