Exhaust Gas Recirculation System Fault

mubzy79

Reaction score
Hi Guys I'm hoping you can help I recently got Vagcom from Nigel on this Forum and I have come across this fault.

1 Fault Found:
00560 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation System
08-10 - Control Limit Surpassed - Intermittent
Readiness: 1 1 X X X

It's a 2.5TDI V6 has anyone experienced this fault and know what it is. I tried on Ross Tech Wiki but fault code wasn't on there. Any1 help would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi
I had a simlar error last year....it can be several things but in my case the air pump was to culprit...it wasn't even broken, the hose connected to it had come adrift...1 minute to put back on.
Mines not the TDI but I reckon its not that different. You need someone who can target the code exactly and then go right to the problem - ie a VAG trained mechanic.
I wouldn't be too overly worried....car will run ok but maybe fail at MOT, maybe not...if its the air pump they're not that expensive...
Find a garage with VAG and at least you know where they'll be going with it.
Hope this helps.
Andy

Andy: thanks for your reply
is there anyway i could do something do target the code more myself as i have the rosstech?
I do have MOT coming up so im eager to get this resolved

I only have codes for Petrol Engines in my Workshop Manual but did some Googling and found a reference to this in a OBDII Code Reader, page 10
"00560 = EGR Temperature Sensor Switch Short or Implausible Value"
And same mentioned here too.

You just need to find where this sensor is! Could try this link in the air intake maybe?

Last edited:
Cheers for that mate...i'm thinking i could maybe have a stab at cleaning the EGR Valve as from the links some people say that can have alot of crap inside it
might give that a whirl ...now just to have find that on a 2.5 TDI engine :)