AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Exhaust Gas Recirculation System Fault

Hi Guys I'm hoping you can help I recently got Vagcom from Nigel on this Forum and I have come across this fault.

1 Fault Found:
    00560 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation System
    08-10 - Control Limit Surpassed - Intermittent
    Readiness: 1 1 X X X

It's a 2.5TDI V6 has anyone experienced this fault and know what it is. I tried on Ross Tech Wiki but fault code wasn't on there. Any1 help would be appreciated

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Hi
    I had a simlar error last year....it can be several things but in my case the air pump was to culprit...it wasn't even broken, the hose connected to it had come adrift...1 minute to put back on.
    Mines not the TDI but I reckon its not that different. You need someone who can target the code exactly and then go right to the problem - ie a VAG trained mechanic.
    I wouldn't be too overly worried....car will run ok but maybe fail at MOT, maybe not...if its the air pump they're not that expensive...
    Find a garage with VAG and at least you know where they'll be going with it.
    Hope this helps.
    Andy

Neutral

Status
    Andy: thanks for your reply
    is there anyway i could do something do target the code more myself as i have the rosstech?
    I do have MOT coming up so im eager to get this resolved

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    I only have codes for Petrol Engines in my Workshop Manual but did some Googling and found a reference to this in a OBDII Code Reader, page 10
    "00560 = EGR Temperature Sensor Switch Short or Implausible Value"
    And same mentioned here too.

You just need to find where this sensor is! Could try this link in the air intake maybe?
    Last edited by Woorlord; 24th January 2011 at 20:37.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

Neutral

Status
    Cheers for that mate...i'm thinking i could maybe have a stab at cleaning the EGR Valve as from the links some people say that can have alot of crap inside it
    might give that a whirl ...now just to have find that on a 2.5 TDI engine