Thinking of selling,valuation help if possible?

allyp

Reaction score
Thinking of selling my a4 ,53 plate quattro sport 43k miles fsh,clean all round condition,mot nov ,taxed may ,service august 2010,any help with the cost would be much appreciated,sorry if this is in the wrong place

059-2.jpg

060-4.jpg

061-3.jpg

062-2.jpg

063-2.jpg

064-2.jpg

065-2.jpg

well its pretty mint to be fair and im fussy lol,thanks for the opinion m8

do a comparison on like auto trader (its only worth what someone is prepared to pay), dont get me wrong we all think our cars are mint but the buyer will always find a fault it really depends how you advertise, present and sell the car at the time, I think if you make it look as good as you can that will help and have the supporting evidence of all work carried out on the car, dont try to over sell it as this can put peeps off.

good luck

ps going by the pics im sure the car is a gooden, im not judging as I think my car is the best, after spending and correcting the faults with her hehe

Good advice there m8 ,thanks for that,im going for a look now lol....i like it my car is best he he

Oh and remember its not an s-line the badges are removable though ha ha

well good luck if you decide to sell, so what is your model if its not an s line is it the sport version then like mine so its pretending to be a sline but isnt lol, what sound system does yours have as Im lucky to have the bose system in mine its very nice indeed hehehe

thanks lol,you cant have my grill m8 sorry,its a quattro sport m8,and it has the audi symphony concert headunit i think with multichanger built in it sounds great too me

I see you have fallen into the trap my sport version is the same as yours version and the grill will fit lol I know because I brought a standard grill and it didn't fit ops but I put it on eBay and made a couple of quid as I got the grill from hong kong hehehehe, I to got the symphony but the second version with the built in multi changer and Bose system hehe

he he ,its a nice motor i have to say,if i keep it im looking to change the wheels as well lol,at least you got money back for your grill then

what are the extras/mods?

manual5 / manual6 / auto? (click each for the Parker's link)

You'll get an idea on PARKERS and AUTOTRADER (if anything Parkers tend to slightly under-quote and Autotrader has some crazy-dreamers after >2x what it's worth).

Parkers average of a good condition, avg spec, private sale (based on 70k miles) seems to be just under £5k.

Yours is half the average mileage, so will probably go for more than that, but no crazy extras, so probably not that much more.

From Autroder: there's a similar mileage TipTronic Avant (both of those push the price up) that's asking £6250 as a private sale (LINK), a Tiptronic Saloon (avg mileage, but newer and has sunroof, satnav, etc) asking on a trade sale £6995 (LINK) and a Manual Convertible trade sale asking £7990, older, but on similar mileage (very poorly advertised*!!) (LINK).

*No photo's, etc and he's listed all the factory standard stuff (like airbags, locking wheel nuts and ABS), but also mentioned headlight washers, which means it has Xenons (which are not mentioned!) - points at it being a trade-in that's well below his forecourt avg and he's just looking to get rid of and he couldn't give a toss about the sale.

Wow im quite impressed with your post m8 ,thanks very much mine has 6 speed box ,full leather,park assist,dual climate,the mirror covers and alu look interior parts,i would have thought 6500 was nearer the right price going by the mileage and condition but then thats why ive started the thread as ive no clue about the audis just know they have good resale values

alu-trim won't add much, full leather is common on the 3.0's (but still nice!) and dual climate was standard on B6's: what will push you above the guide prices are low mileage and less common extras (like parking sensors).

that Whatcat price is mileage adjusted: more importantly on the whatcar site is the price for avg (70k) mileage: £6,150 vs £4800-ish on Parkers!

tbh, if you're in no rush at all, then you can have a fish for just over £7k, but looking for £6000-£6500 is probably pretty realistic once you adjust for (and allow some time to find somebody who is willing to pay a little extra for) low mileage and parking sensors - the latter is the sort of mod that some demographics will pay a bit extra for if that's what they want - only prob is that those are the sort of people who would be put off by retro-fitted s-line badges and aluminium wing-mirror covers.

<£200 will sort out that scratch on the arch professionally - might be worth it if you're going for the "mint" premium end of the market.

and £6k is a pretty serious resale value for a 8yr old car... my dad had a 2.5 V6 Vauxhaul Omega CDX (a FEW years ago) that dropped from about £28k to <£7k in 4yrs!

Thanks again,what scratch on the wing ?there isnt a scratch thats noticeable on the car lol,started a detail today and i might end up keeping it ha ha,it looks better than ever,,,any meets up aberdeen area ?or shows ,cant really compare audi /vauxhall but i know what your saying and agree its a lot for an older car,just the value i guess being quality

vauxhaul will not hold its price like any german car ;-) when i was looking for a new car the price i paid for my 52 audi i could have got a 2005/2006 vauxhaul

Very true simon ,they are pricey ,being my first german motor it seems to be well put together, and sorry a4 nut 1200 not quite enough lol

Vauxhaul = Opel, so it is German.... but agreed it's NOT a premium brand, Audi's, Merc's and BMW's are just in a different class of holding their values to non-premium brands: Vauxhauls, Fords, etc drop their value FAST... and don't even get me started on the French cars!!

I only mentioned the Vauxhaul as a comparison for how other brands hold their value versus the Audi's: I wasn't comparing them as cars at ALL.... I'd take a 7yr old Audi over a 3yr old Renault or Vauhaull every time!! Fact is they'd probably feel the same age - my car feels so much tighter and looks so much smarter compared to a friend's 2005 Ford Focus (so it's half the age of mine and has done a quarter of the mileage).

Last edited:
Very true words there m8,ive also had loads of vxs and even more fords ha ha,trying to buck the trend by having the audi not sure if i can do it ,also had a megane 225 sport as my last car it was rapid but as said french,

could not agree with you more lostbok my 52plate feels so much nicer than alot of newer cars iv driven