Cam belt 2.4 V6 cab

Cabbyfan

Reaction score
Hi,

Had my cab 3 weeks now, its a 2003 2.4 V6, but its only done 32k miles. However given its age I want to get the cam belt and water pump replaced as the service records show its not been done yet.

Local Audi dealer want about £550 inc Vat but Stafford AUdi do it for £395 (excluding water pump) - Stafford Audi: Stafford Audi Cam Belt Level 2 - New and Used Audi Deals in Stafford Staffordshire - Vehicle Finance - Fleet Offers - Service and Parts

Its a 2 hour drive each way though so its a tricky decision... any comments ?

Thanks guys / gals.

go for the audi dealership, genuine parts and to be honest better safer than sorry and after all, your not talking about a lot of money in difference, especially no water pump included and I think these are about £75 approx most prob less.

The choice is yours my friend

i just had my v6 tdi a4 done from stafford audi. Had cambelt kit, water pump and thermostat. all in £501 and wash/vac included. They also did a full check of the car and provided useful advisary for the airbag issue i had with the car which was tracked down to a broken wire in front passenger wheel. Simon in the service department seems to know his stuff, so ask for him if you do decide to go with them. I would heartily recommend them.

Maker sure the price is for a V6 - dealers charge more for V6 than 4-cyl.
I got my dealer to do it for the same price inc. Water pump & thermostat - a good dealer will allow a bit of bargaining on pricing.
Anything around £500 is good for these changes from a dealer.

Sounds like my main dealer price is about right then. Thanks for the replies guys much appreciated.

Hi all, spoke to my local Audi main dealer today. They wanted £885 inc Vat to do the cam belt and waterpump, haggled it down to £695 all in including the pump. When I said Stafford Audi will do it for £395 (see my link aboue in my origional post) they said thats just for the belt and tensioner, my local one says they also change tooth wheel bits and other components.....

I dont mind the cost if its a better job....

Advice would be appreciated !

Thanks.

Got a price from Stafford Audi, it appears the £395 price on the website is for the basic belt and tensioner replacement. There are 2 cambelt kits, the 'better kit' includes rollers and other bits and pieces which although dont have a mileage limit on them it makes sence to replace the lot. Their price, for the better kit and waterpump was actually about £650 inc vat so its not worth me travelling, im sure they do a good job mind.

Booked in today at local Audi dealer.... £700 inc waterpump, thermostat and full belt kit (ie not just belt and tensioner like a lot of the cheaper offers for belts) .......