Iphone4 to RNSe

Shane-Ireland

Reaction score
Guys looking for a way to connect my iPhone 4 to my RNS e anyone have any experience of interfaces they have bought?

Came across this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-iPod-iPhone-Interface-Adaptor-Audi-A3-A4-A6-A8-TT-/200562749011?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item2eb278ae53 no screen shots of what the user interface is like when connected to an RNS but seems like it could be a useful bit of kit esp when combined with the optional Blue tooth.

Opinions?

Your link don't work. Keeps sending me back to main forum page.

Just me or does it happen to everyone else ?

Link is duff should be Car iPod iPhone Interface Adaptor - Audi A3 A4 A6 A8 TT on eBay (end time 06-Feb-11 16:25:20 GMT)

This interface uses the standard CD Changer interface so not the best way of navigating your tunes.

There is an Alpine RNS-E iPod/iPhone solution that will give a full video user interface of your iPod/iPhone on the RNS-E - quite expensive (see HazzyDayz)!

I use an RNS-E video multimedia interface which gets the audio and video into the RNS-E via the TV source - I have also VIM hacked my RNS-E so can have videos up on the RNS-E screen.
ALL the video/music selection controls are via the iPhone/iPod unit. I think this is a reasonable cost effective compromise - most of the time I listen to the radio or use the SD cards for MP3's. I have added a iPhone 4G compatible cigarette charger under dash to feed the USB portion of the video lead going to the iPhone - my old iPod/3G audio/video lead was not compatible with the iPhone 4G.

NOTE: The iPhone 4G and 3GS use a different charging signalling method than older iPhones and iPods - you may find that "older" interfaces do not charge your iPhone 4G/3GS when plugged in. Check this with the supplier of the respective unit.