Urgent quick one!!???

reepers13

Reaction score
i picked up the car yesterday (A4 190 sport) and drove back from manc to surrey no problem, drove 10mins to work today no problem

then tonight on my way back home suddenly the "emission control system" light came on (orange) and the center check light flashed and beeped "1mph" every 30 sec

why did this happen/?
what does it mean - dangerous or not?
i need to use it daily and its annoying ive only owned it 1 day and this!!

car drives fine and no issues with it since light came on but now im not sure to drive it or not

some help please

ps - is this engine related as it has anew engine with 2k on the clock thats under warranty but nothing electrical is covered.

well 1st off get a code read for the emissions light

the 1mph and beep i think you been fiddling with the buttons thats a speed warning that you set for yourself

if i rember right when you start the car up hold the check button in for a few secs and the mph will pop in the display with a line \ through it
if that dont work press and hold the spanned button in its either 1 of them

the mph you are both talking about if its what i think will clear when you next turn the car off and then on again it works like this when you are driving say at 45 you push the check button it will then beep and flash when u get to that speed as i say it will turn off when you next turn the car on or you can hold the check button till it beeps and turns off its just a speed checker if you tend to go over the speed limit so u no when to slow down

Last edited:
yes it is mate come in very handy ;-)

They work great and they will allow you read and clear all codes, I have one and I'm near Bromley if you want a quick scan.