Newbie Hi & Question - A4 Avant 1.9tdi Sport

kujo

Reaction score
Hi All,

Well I have just picked up an 2004 A4 Avant 1.9tdi Sport which has just replaced a Skoda Octavia VRS. I wanted a diesel (baby on the way and amount of miles I'm doing with work) and also wanted to stay in the Audi/VW Group so here is a pic when I picked it up:

audi_front-vi.jpg

I have a few ideas on things I want to do over time including 18" Alloys, Black Grill etc..

My first question is on the rear bumper can this bit be replaced (see pic, highlighted bit) as I would like to get 1.8T exhaust to have the dual pipes.

audi_rear_question-vi.jpg

Also when putting on the exhaust is there a bracket already underneath for the hanger on the opposite side to the current exhaust or do you have to weld one on??

Thanks

Kev

welcome Kev nice motor :icon_thumright:

you can just change the lower valance on the bumper to the 1.8T one but remember that only one from an avant will fit, the saloon and cab ones are different.
Now when i did mine i already had twin exhausts so im not to up on the 1.9tdi as to whether you need to weld the hanger in place but you will need an exhaust from a 1.8t and it is a direct fit im told, an extra heat shield and hanger, The threads ive read dont mention any welding of a hanger im guessing that the threads to bolt it on are already there but just blanked off as they bolt on not weld on.

if you get a donor exhaust remember that quattro only fit quattro and fwd only fit fwd.

If im wrong on anything im sure i will be corrected.

ps whats with the strange rear wiper arm position, if thats where it sits does it work correctly as they are prone to packing up

Last edited:
Hi and welcome, nice choice the 130 sport and also better with black window surrounds ( in my opinion anyway ) as for the exhaust conversion you will need a new lower valance,around £140 ISH,exhaust hanger and bolt and a heat sheild all cheap from your local stealer or tps, the exhausts seem very hard to come by but you may be lucky just remember you obviously need one from the same drive system as yours i.e. quattro will not fit fwd.

Yeah I noticed that - the pic was taken by the dealer and the rear wiper is working fine now!

Hi and welcome, nice choice the 130 sport and also better with black window surrounds ( in my opinion anyway ) as for the exhaust conversion you will need a new lower valance,around £140 ISH,exhaust hanger and bolt and a heat sheild all cheap from your local stealer or tps, the exhausts seem very hard to come by but you may be lucky just remember you obviously need one from the same drive system as yours i.e. quattro will not fit fwd.

I'm glad I've got the black window surrounds as well as it means it will go better when I do a black grill and if I can find some black roof rails I want to switch them as well.

nice motor
if i sort out things that's the kinda motor i'll be look at

if you don't mind me asking, spec, mileage, price (PM me if you don't mind)

Keep your eyes open for a set of B7 roof rails from the black optics pack, mine are from a B7 rs4, you could always have them painted, i will remove mine and put the originals back on when i am lucky enough to be in the position to change it for a B7 2.0 tdi 170 s-line as that is going to be my next one

If you go for the twin exhaust option have a custom exhaust made as you will be waiting an age for a factory system to pop up.

I'll take the old valance when you get the twin exit one as I have a diesel but have a valance from a single exit petrol model.....

PM me...