Volks AutosEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Smile Newbie Hi & Question - A4 Avant 1.9tdi Sport

Hi All,

Well I have just picked up an 2004 A4 Avant 1.9tdi Sport which has just replaced a Skoda Octavia VRS. I wanted a diesel (baby on the way and amount of miles I'm doing with work) and also wanted to stay in the Audi/VW Group so here is a pic when I picked it up:

I have a few ideas on things I want to do over time including 18" Alloys, Black Grill etc..

My first question is on the rear bumper can this bit be replaced (see pic, highlighted bit) as I would like to get 1.8T exhaust to have the dual pipes.

Also when putting on the exhaust is there a bracket already underneath for the hanger on the opposite side to the current exhaust or do you have to weld one on??

Thanks

Kev

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    welcome Kev nice motor

you can just change the lower valance on the bumper to the 1.8T one but remember that only one from an avant will fit, the saloon and cab ones are different.
    Now when i did mine i already had twin exhausts so im not to up on the 1.9tdi as to whether you need to weld the hanger in place but you will need an exhaust from a 1.8t and it is a direct fit im told, an extra heat shield and hanger, The threads ive read dont mention any welding of a hanger im guessing that the threads to bolt it on are already there but just blanked off as they bolt on not weld on.

if you get a donor exhaust remember that quattro only fit quattro and fwd only fit fwd.

If im wrong on anything im sure i will be corrected.

ps whats with the strange rear wiper arm position, if thats where it sits does it work correctly as they are prone to packing up
    Last edited by swarcup; 19th January 2011 at 15:20.
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

5th Gear

Status
    Hi and welcome, nice choice the 130 sport and also better with black window surrounds ( in my opinion anyway ) as for the exhaust conversion you will need a new lower valance,around 140 ISH,exhaust hanger and bolt and a heat sheild all cheap from your local stealer or tps, the exhausts seem very hard to come by but you may be lucky just remember you obviously need one from the same drive system as yours i.e. quattro will not fit fwd.
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yeah I noticed that - the pic was taken by the dealer and the rear wiper is working fine now!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboyc View Post
    Hi and welcome, nice choice the 130 sport and also better with black window surrounds ( in my opinion anyway ) as for the exhaust conversion you will need a new lower valance,around 140 ISH,exhaust hanger and bolt and a heat sheild all cheap from your local stealer or tps, the exhausts seem very hard to come by but you may be lucky just remember you obviously need one from the same drive system as yours i.e. quattro will not fit fwd.
    I'm glad I've got the black window surrounds as well as it means it will go better when I do a black grill and if I can find some black roof rails I want to switch them as well.

4th Gear

Status
    nice motor
    if i sort out things that's the kinda motor i'll be look at

if you don't mind me asking, spec, mileage, price (PM me if you don't mind)

5th Gear

Status
    Keep your eyes open for a set of B7 roof rails from the black optics pack, mine are from a B7 rs4, you could always have them painted, i will remove mine and put the originals back on when i am lucky enough to be in the position to change it for a B7 2.0 tdi 170 s-line as that is going to be my next one
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    If you go for the twin exhaust option have a custom exhaust made as you will be waiting an age for a factory system to pop up.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

3rd Gear

Status
    I'll take the old valance when you get the twin exit one as I have a diesel but have a valance from a single exit petrol model.....

PM me...
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...