RS4 vs S4 rear brakes

pilcob

Reaction score
What is the difference (if any) between the S4 B6 and the RS4 B7 rear callipers, I am aware of the actual disk differences.
The reason I ask is my S4 has the RS4 front disks and callipers, but the rear callipers look like the original S4 items (not painted/powdercoated), I was told that a full front and rear conversion had been carried out when I bought the car.

If your car has the front RS4 conversion then you will need wheel spacers as the original Avus alloys won't fit over the calipers. That's one way to check. I have the Brembo upgrade and am limited to et30 offset with the alloys.
The rear calipers ARE different...I cannot improve on this as I'm unsure of the exact sizes.

Any clearer? :wacko:

Can S4 brakes be fitted to any B6?

As its a mod I'd like to do with having 320 discs up front

If your car has the front RS4 conversion then you will need wheel spacers as the original Avus alloys won't fit over the calipers. That's one way to check. I have the Brembo upgrade and am limited to et30 offset with the alloys.
The rear calipers ARE different...I cannot improve on this as I'm unsure of the exact sizes.

Any clearer? :wacko:

It defo has the RS4 front callipers and disks, calliper clearance between wheel is very tight.
Just the rear I am not sure of, rear has standard vented disks not drilled or anything, and the callipers dont look that special.