Wife outs petrol in TDI130

MarkyMark

Reaction score
Yep, last night my wife managed to squeeze 58 litres of unleaded into our 2003 TDI130 at the local Tesco filling station. Drove for about 100 yards before it conked out and she realised what she had done.

So, phoned Audi Assistance and car was duly taken back to the recovery company's yard. They are doing the fuel drain just now and were originally only going to clean the fuel filter although I have asked for this to be replaced.

Has anyone else managed to do this and is your car suffering any long-term effects? Anyone suggest any other action I should take just now to make sure the car will be OK when I collect it (apart from getting a divorce).

Collected the car earlier this evening and done 30 miles now and seems absolutely fine. Big relief.

Final bill was a whisker over £180 including the new fuel filter and £1 a litre to dispose of the petrol (60 litres of the stuff). Audi Assistance cover the cost of recovery though thankfully.

Spoke to someone in our Fleet Mgt team that I know to try and cheer myself up. We have about 500 or diesel cars on the road so fill-up ****-ups are quite common.

Nearly all have got away with a drain and a replacement fuel filter, apart from the guy in the month old 530D that needed a new engine after he ragged it up the motorway after filling it with unleaded. Bill was for just under £3k.

I would of took that petrol off you for my heli, mate and i would have payed you, never mind

[ QUOTE ]
MCGOUGH_A4_ESTATE said:
I would of took that petrol off you for my heli, mate and i would have payed you, never mind

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, as my wife is always telling me, "There's never a chopper around when you need it".

wife curbed alloy 2 weeks ago, two front ?
got them fixed, excellent job ?
lasted a week, curbed one aready ? a week later, WOMAN DRIVERS

Was not my car, was her own,? but its a clio sport + i spent 2 g"s on rims + tyres 18"