B6 S4 brake upgrade

nozdog

Reaction score
Hi i'm looking to upgrade my front brakes on my 190 quattro s line? what would be the option i can fit? I was looking at s4 b6 front caliper and disc as an upgrade has anyone done this and would there be a better option? would the s4 b6 fit straight on? cheers nozdog

has the 190 got 312mm discs? if so there the same as mine on the 2.5tdi.

b6 s4 go straight on, quite difficult to find though.

another option (that i'm doing) is the b5 s4 twin pots with 321mm discs, only 9mm diff on the disc but meant to be alot better than the standard items,

Hi yes the 190 has 312 disc on them. I maybe getting my car remaped and was ask about the front brakes being uprated with ds2500 pads and was told that the m1144 pads were better then the ds2500? not to sure about what I was being told as everyone says the ds2500 are a good pad to use?

Hi yes the 190 has 312 disc on them. I maybe getting my car remaped and was ask about the front brakes being uprated with ds2500 pads and was told that the m1144 pads were better then the ds2500? not to sure about what I was being told as everyone says the ds2500 are a good pad to use?

I'm in the same boat and everyone seems to have a different answer.. The B5 S4 brake's are suppose to be a good upgarde though.. Some people reckon genuine disks and pads setup well are just as good as some performance pads and disc's (just to add to my confusion)

lol, bit of a difference between a 50 quid b5 s4 upgrade & your 2k plus option ;)

theres a b7 rs4 setup on ebay for 1500, i'd be after them if i was spending that much

Hi does any one know the part numbers I will need to do the upgrade for the brake calipers and carriers for the S4 B5 or B6? just want to price up the cost of buying new ones. Getting the dics and pads are not a problem.

I'm in the same boat and everyone seems to have a different answer.. The B5 S4 brake's are suppose to be a good upgarde though.. Some people reckon genuine disks and pads setup well are just as good as some performance pads and disc's (just to add to my confusion)

I had S4 B5 Front brake setup on my 190t and yes they are a good upgrade but you are limited to wheel choice. The only wheel's that I could fit were my genuine 18" s-line wheel's and 19" Merc/Brabus wheel's as the B5 calipers are very wide. I tried loads of after market wheel options and most of them would hit the caliper and would also be a inch shy of the hub. Genuine RS4 wheel's will also fit but they hard to come by.

as above i was told that its a bolt on job, which it is, then once i fitted them all only to find out that the wheel hits the calliper, the wheels on mine are genuine audi ones rs4 but they where fitted as new on the B7 car that they came off so there must be a difference somewhere. rather than run spaces i attacked te calliper with a grinder, im putting the rs6 wheels back on soon so might get new/recon callipers at the same time

I had S4 B5 Front brake setup on my 190t and yes they are a good upgrade but you are limited to wheel choice. The only wheel's that I could fit were my genuine 18" s-line wheel's and 19" Merc/Brabus wheel's as the B5 calipers are very wide. I tried loads of after market wheel options and most of them would hit the caliper and would also be a inch shy of the hub. Genuine RS4 wheel's will also fit but they hard to come by.

I think I might stay OEM then, maybe just get the DS2500 pads :)