anybody any ideas on my avant??????

millwrx

Reaction score
have a bit of a problem with my 51 plate 2l avant,spent most the day on it today trying to find the fault,the central locking and alarm seem to have a mind of its own,when i unlock the car it sends the windows down but not all the time,when i drive the car sometimes i can hear the central locking clicking on all doors and when i stop and take the key out this can drop the windows too,i have vagcom and it is logging the fault, CENTRAL LOCKING KEY SWITCH,DRIVERSIDE UNLOCK,IMPLUSABLE SIGNAL,CODE 01031,i have lifed the carpet on the passenger side and have had a look at the CCM which is not damp,i have checked for brockern wires in the door shuts,and had the connecters apart,and there fine,now the only thing i have found is that the carpet on the driverside was wet,i lifted the carpet and its wet under there too,after some looking about i have found that the ecu cover in the engine bay has had the back brockern off it and the rain water has been running in over the wiring etc,i have dryed most of it off and will check the two block plugs tomorrow and then dry it all out with the hair dryer,dont think this is going to cure it tobe honest tho,has anyone replaced a central locking key switch in the door???will be taking the door panel off i think tomorrow to have a look,anyone else had this fault and fixed it

Sounds like a problem with the remote to me. With my car if you hold the button down when locking or unlocking the car it'll close or open the windows. Don't know if when you unlock the car with the key and hold it in the unlock position if it'd open the windows to or not? but that's why I'm thinking it's the key fob and not the door switch in the door.

Question have you opened the car by the key in the lock
Because I no when I worked at a bodyshop wen they break into them and vee bubs you pull the back of the handle off (where the lock is then put a screwdriver in where the switch is and that does the windows
Now it may be that it is just the switch on the driver door that's knackered and needs replacing hope this helps mate other than that I don't no

yes if i use the key in the lock it will unlock the car and also lock and arm the alarm,thinking it is perhaps a faulty switch then,,

well i dryed it all out tonight and put it all back together around the drivers footwell and then it started to rain so will take the door panel off 2moz night as the central locking is still clicking with the door open,rang TPS today and they couldnt find a door key switch separate and said it most likely is the door catch,£114 mind,anyone else know if it is part of the catch????

anyone else know if its part of the catch???????????????????????????????

Battery OK? Is it wiorth tryint recode the key to the car? I think its something like put key into position 1 on ignition and then press lock and unlock. Then try the key again. i am not sure on this procedure, maybe someone else can add. Its wortha shot. good luck

no not that tried it,i'm leading to think it might be the door catch unit as i've just been on a few USA audi sites and a few people have had almost the same fault,there is a small mirco switch on the end of the catch which tells the car if the door is open or not and i think theres one inside that tells the car if it locked or not,thinking this is most likely connected to the door window circuit too somewhere,cant decide wheater to just go and buy the new door catch 2moz and fit it and see??dont fancy doing the job twice if i try and repair the old one and it doesnt work,plus theres always the little thing of thinking when you walk away from the car will it unlock itself and pop the windows down when i'm not there,TPS want £114 for a new catch,not cheap but they do have one on the self and the chap did say they do sell a few which makes me think it may be the fault,the thing that gets on my nerves is that the fault code says central locking key switch driverside unlock implusable signal fault but i cant find anywhere if this is defo in the catch.

Im pretty sure the switch you are talking about is in the latch assembly. I did a golf a while back which had a strange locking fault and it came up with a key switch fault and it was the latch. Regards to your windows I would be personally turning off that feature with vagcom . I came out one morning to find all my windows were down, swiftly changed it and its been fine since

yer tend to agree about turning it off,replaced the catch today and all seems good