Volks AutosSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Damp passenger footwell

Hi all, recently I've noticed the passenger footwell is getting damp after raining. I've checked the raintray drainage holes and all appears clear, raintray is also not holding water so no problem there. I removed the pollen filter housing earlier and checked that and all is good, again with no obvious signs where the water may be entering. Car is a non sunroof model.

This has only just become apparent so is there anything else I should be looking at/for as I'm a little stumped?

Cheers Glen.
    A4 B6 1.9 TDI SE (130)
    Standard Options: Atlas Grey | Cruise Control | 4x E/W's | Full DIS | Split Folding Rear Seats | Lighting Pack | Aluminium Interior Trims
    Retrofits/Mods: 18" Audi Fat Five's | KW V1 Coilovers | Front Ambient Lights | RS4 Engine Cover

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    theres a heater drain on the left hand side of the heater unit, this does get blocked,

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    theres a drain under the battery well 2 very common its a recall by audi uk
    sort it quick b4 it ****s your cc unit under the seat

Hard To Spin

Status
    I had this a while ago, open the bonnet and at the far right hand corner behind the firewall youll see a box, in the box is your pollen filter, that has a drain on it, if the seal is gone or the drain is blocked, this might be whats getting your footwell damp, watch that it doesnt soak through the carpet to far cos the comfort module is down there and if that gets wet youll be chewin on a very expensive s**t sandwich.
    2004 A4 Avant 190 (6) S'Line 1.8Tq | 18'' RS4s, GIAC Stage 1+, 007P, Miltek cat, ambient lights, Black Grill Mod, Jetex high flow filter, Gateway 100, Number Plate LEDs, DIS, Turbosmart 30psi Boost Gauge, 230bhp on a cold day!! much more to come next year!!

Future Mods | Drilled discs, milltek exhaust, red stuff pads, coilovers, in other words ...... $$$$$$$$$$!!

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the replys.

Scott b, could you elaborate a little more on that please? I presume you mean behind the dash, is it easy to get too?

Bez101, I've checked that area.. dry as a bone!

Higgsy, I've checked the pollon filter, removed the whole housing, and all appears ok, didn't see a drain though?

Is this comfort module under the seat or carpet? The carpet is getting damp but not wet, no water sploshing around yet! Could a faulty heater cause a leak, the car has only covered 50k.

Cheers Glen.
    A4 B6 1.9 TDI SE (130)
    Standard Options: Atlas Grey | Cruise Control | 4x E/W's | Full DIS | Split Folding Rear Seats | Lighting Pack | Aluminium Interior Trims
    Retrofits/Mods: 18" Audi Fat Five's | KW V1 Coilovers | Front Ambient Lights | RS4 Engine Cover

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    the control unit is under the carpet under the seat
    you may have a leak on the heater matrix
    or is it possible its from all the snow on peoples feet rain etc

Neutral

Status
    Thanks Bez, how would I tell if the heater or matrix had a leak?

I thought the same about the snow/rain etc, but dried it out and now its rained its back which leads me to believe its not heater related?
    A4 B6 1.9 TDI SE (130)