Damp passenger footwell

subtle

Reaction score
Hi all, recently I've noticed the passenger footwell is getting damp after raining. I've checked the raintray drainage holes and all appears clear, raintray is also not holding water so no problem there. I removed the pollen filter housing earlier and checked that and all is good, again with no obvious signs where the water may be entering. Car is a non sunroof model.

This has only just become apparent so is there anything else I should be looking at/for as I'm a little stumped?

Cheers Glen.

theres a drain under the battery well 2 very common its a recall by audi uk
sort it quick b4 it ***** your cc unit under the seat

I had this a while ago, open the bonnet and at the far right hand corner behind the firewall youll see a box, in the box is your pollen filter, that has a drain on it, if the seal is gone or the drain is blocked, this might be whats getting your footwell damp, watch that it doesnt soak through the carpet to far cos the comfort module is down there and if that gets wet youll be chewin on a very expensive s**t sandwich.

Thanks for the replys.

Scott b, could you elaborate a little more on that please? I presume you mean behind the dash, is it easy to get too?

Bez101, I've checked that area.. dry as a bone!

Higgsy, I've checked the pollon filter, removed the whole housing, and all appears ok, didn't see a drain though?

Is this comfort module under the seat or carpet? The carpet is getting damp but not wet, no water sploshing around yet! Could a faulty heater cause a leak, the car has only covered 50k.

Cheers Glen.

the control unit is under the carpet under the seat
you may have a leak on the heater matrix
or is it possible its from all the snow on peoples feet rain etc

Thanks Bez, how would I tell if the heater or matrix had a leak?

I thought the same about the snow/rain etc, but dried it out and now its rained its back which leads me to believe its not heater related?