Remapped 2.5 v6 tdi auto !!!

Yappy

A4 b6 TDI V6 Quattro Sport
Reaction score
Just had my 2.5 v6 tdi avant remapped it's an auto and I'm not majorly impressed with itdo you think if I got a tuning box would this be better it's a 180 bhp as standard and the fella who did it said I won't get alot out of it because it's a 180 can anybody tell me if I could get more out of a tuning box?????:huh:

Most tuning boxes offer a claimed 210bhp, what does he claim yours has?

I think you're a bit limited in power gains by the auto box though?

We have quattros manual and triptonic both with boxes which are successful .I drive the manual which has a genuine Tuning Box Co unit £100 from ebay which I fitted to get more mpg but also rates over210bhp .These boxes are expensive new and not easy to find used because tthey are engine specific.The auto has another good make but I am not sure if it is as good on results.Seems a good idea cos you can remove easily to compare results or sell on

give it a few weeks!! to get used to it! i found when i first got my 1.9 remaped it didnt really feel that different but after a week on roads i use often it really impressed me! the geezer who remaped it told me that and i thought he was ripping me off but it turned out he was spot on!

Yeah I no I've just had mine done but it's a 180 to start with he said about 205-210 max
But had my missis bm320 d done at the same time and that's a ****** rocket compared to mine now he said that will do like 35-40 bhp but it is a manual and mines a quattro and auto so I'm happy with it but not as happy as I should be tho

320 is a four pot with a turbo running high pressure. Pretty sure the v6 Audi diesel runs quite low PSI so as a result your not going to notice the turbo surge as much as a lot of the torque comes from the engine itself being a v6. Most companies only suggest 50NM of torque extra where as 1.9TDi you are looking at 90NM more. BMW will be similar to 1.9tdi

Yeah I no what you mean mate just a bit gutting when a ****** little 4 pot diesel feels faster but there is alot more torque in mine and I've only driven it for about 15 mile to pick the missis car up to then get hers remapped so I'll drive it over the weekend and see what it's like

And yeah I'll give it a week you may well be right dude

Put them next to each other and the 4 pot wont feel that fast, maybe gain a few metres but the v6 will stretch its legs and wizz past the beemer ! The v6 does not feel fast due to the broad power curve but it is fast without the wiplash ! You are in west london, came to meet me in N. London maybe have a look at your car for a health check ! I can take you for a spin in mine...

Yeah man that sounds like a plan I no what your saying my car does just pull like a train and all through the revs too but I think I need more power tho I'm gonna find some nozzles I think

what you need is a drag race with a standard car! id be up for it! problem is im in the north your in the south!! plus my 2.5 only a 163! so your ahead already! so any takers!!!!!!!

Yeah man that sounds like a plan I no what your saying my car does just pull like a train and all through the revs too but I think I need more power tho I'm gonna find some nozzles I think

The nozzles you want are the Fratelli Bosio race 683, with a good tune and upgraded turbo you looking at 270 Bhp. Changing the intercoolers also help past 270 Bhp as most v6 tdi intercoolers had plastic end caps so they wont take much boost. I would not chance larger nozzles and turbo for too long without re-programming the box as the extra slippage will burn the clutch pack pretty quick. If you want monster torque the manual IS the way forward and the box and clutch will take 500 Bhp and 600Nm without too much bother... For some strange reason some early v6 tdi quattro b6 had full alloy intercoolers similar to the s4 ones so upping the boost with these should not be a problem. There is plenty room there to fit a FMIC there to keep EGT in check... I would also look for a decent tuning box if i were you as most remaps just upp the Bhp on the v6 wich is irrelevant as the torque gets the things moving.

Well I can make an intercooler as im a fabricator and work with alloy and stainless steel I've got a decat that I've made also gonna do a full exhaust so maybe will make a fmic up then I will come see ya for more advice so good someone knows what theyre on about in London so will be making a trip to ya wen your free man cheers bud

Will you be able to make a custom downpipes for my v6 tdi ? I am swapping the GT 2559v with a borg warner bv50 (this might go in my allroad) and also a mate is doing a garrett gtb 2260Vk swap in his- he's allready started on exhaust but i dont really like what he's fabricator done so far ! I could pay-you or offer advice- i am quite good with v6 tdi's, you know ?! I also think that intercooler kits like the autobahn 888 off ebay are very well made and will just need slight tweaking in order to fit right ! I also have lots of friends who are looking to tune their diesels so there's beer money to be made ! I need to see you and talk to you about a few things...where abouts in west london are you ?

Yeah man can defo do something with that I can work wonders with a bit of pipe and stuff haha I'm near heathrow airport that's the nearest place to me you would come across I'm just starting up on my own my companies yapfab and I will build anything you want man so this could be handy for you and me I've got a laser cutters close to me to that is a mate of mine I'm currently building some S4 downpipes obviously decat's and can do so much more this could become a good thing for the both of us if you no what I mean pm me if you wanna chat anymore mate

It's good wish there was a bit more power but yeah its pretty good mate thanks for asking mate

Just had my 2.5 v6 tdi avant remapped it's an auto and I'm not majorly impressed with itdo you think if I got a tuning box would this be better it's a 180 bhp as standard and the fella who did it said I won't get alot out of it because it's a 180 can anybody tell me if I could get more out of a tuning box?????:huh:

is yours tiptronic or multitronic ?

is yours tiptronic or multitronic ?

180BHP = quattro = tiptronic auto, not multitronic.

From what I've heard the auto box struggles to properly use the extra toque through the rev range, whether you're accelerating hard or gently, it will be changing up earlier than it needs to.

Yeah I think that's correct but this seems to be fine but I am getting someone to write a file for the gearbox supposedly so this should make things better
And also the remap is a mild tune not massively aggressive but if it does **** the box I will be sending him the bill for it haha

The box is the stronger one of the two with the Tiptronic gear goes to the passenger side instead of towards the driver

what you need is a drag race with a standard car! id be up for it! problem is im in the north your in the south!! plus my 2.5 only a 163! so your ahead already! so any takers!!!!!!!

I'm always up for a drag race mate hahaha we will have to get some sort of a meet up going I think

a race would be intresting as the 163 is front weel drive and the 180 four wheel drive but will lose horses through the four wheel system. the 180 will not wheelspin though.. hmmmm

quattro's aren't that fast off the line unless you want to risk burning out the clutch (that's where you get the "spin").... if you weren't scared of trashing the clutch, it would be a no-brainer, despite the drivetrain losses and extra weight: pretty sure the 180TDI has a wider power band, so evening if you pull it off the line smoothly to spare the clutch, it should cream a 163bhp.

edit: that said, only 0.5sec dif on the 0-62mph times...

Last edited:
Yeah I think it wud toast it too but then again mines auto if they r both autos then it would be a no brainer
But would be nice to know for sure

Dropping the clutch from 4k on me tdi doesnt do much fuss, just a chirp and away you go ! had a play with a seat leon 1.8 T the other day, he had a lead on me till 30mph then i wizzed past him. He could not believe-it especially as me car doesnt smoke much ! It was the red T wich i believe its the 180 Bhp as stock ?

Haha I love it smoking things in a diesel it's just so rewarding and we still get 30 mpg hahaha

Now has anyone seen profituning's lupo diesel on YouTube have a look if not it's ****** mentally quick I'm going to do one maybe in the boot tho
Wodya think guys?????!

my 163 s a manual mate and im gona remap it to fuk v soon!!! so should be interesting! nb: i also have a 1.9 tdi quattro! it,s remaped to 175 i had a race with a 163 saloon not long back and my 1.9 ****** all over it! the 1.9s love a proper remap!

Yeah man the 1.9 is a good one to remap my missis bm 320 d goes like stink now it's like 190 bhp ****** me off a bit haha your 163 will be the same as mine once done
Sayin that mine has got ported heads and a decat also following one of my full exhaust system's maybe some bigger nozzles and then a tuning box and of course a turbo that will do the job I wanna get 240 bhp that will be plenty plenty for me and for the gearbox haha to be honest tho I'm gonna build a track weapon/weekend hack in the shape of a lupo or polo with either a 1.9 pd or a 20v t either way it's gonna be in the boot of it haha:icon_thumright:

Last edited: