AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Az
    Hard slammed!

Status

Staggered size wheels, can they knackered up a quattro system?

As a lot of you may of guessed, I'm looking to change my wheels to a set of 19's.

I have a couple of sets in mind and I'd really like something that stands out. Ideally I'd love to run a set of 9-9.5" wide rims all round, but I think running that width on the front could cause issues, so maybe thinking of staggered fitment, like 8.5" up front and 9.5" at the rear, but I just wanted to double check to see if anyone knows if running different widths front to rear on a quattro can bugger the four wheel drive system up? Or knackered the rear diff??

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
    Az
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

2. # ADS
    ADS

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    As long as the rolling radius is the same you should be fine.

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Oh ok mate, cheers, I just assumed that if the rear has a wider contact area than the front it might put strain on the rear diff? I could of sworn I read a thread where someone had big issues on breaking something when running staggered rims?

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

Audi fanatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Axios View Post
    As long as the rolling radius is the same you should be fine.
    Have to agree
    i dont see a problem at all as long as you keep the rolling radius the same .

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Oh man its so hard choosing wheels!!!

I really wanna take a chance and go for 9.5" all round! Anyone running 9.5's all round??