Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

Retro Fitting RS4 Pedals

As abaove, has anyone fitted the RS4 pedals to replace the standards ?
    How easy/Difficult is it ?

Cheers
    Steve
    2003 A4 1.9 TDI SE 130 Bhp, Grey Avant.
    Thule Towbar and thats it at the moment
    To do : Starting from scratch, so bloody loads

2. # ADS
    ADS

staylowmovefast

Status
    Think the brake and clutch are straight swap, but the accelerator may need modding. There is/was a thread on the forum a while back posted by a lad called stapo, sure someone will know whom i'm on about. He did the RS4 pedal thing with his a4. Looked the ******, but think he's sold it now. Try doing a search mara.
    !!BINGO BONGO!!

1st Gear

Status
    I vaguely remember reading it a while ago and remember there being some issue with the accelerator. Nowts simple with a straight swap is it

3rd Gear

Status
    If your using pedals from a B7 RS4 its a straight swop no modding, the only thing you need is a hairdryer to warm up the rubber on the pedals it makes it alot easier to put them on
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the quick response Pabs. So do the existing pedal fronts unbolt ? or do the RS4's fit over the top ?

1st Gear

Status

3rd Gear

Status
    You just pull the existing rubber pedals off, might need warming up though cos they can be a nightmare, heat the rubber on the rs4 pedals and slot them on. There is a way of getting them on i think i started at the bottom of the pedal got that in place and then worked it up to the top. Have you got the footrest, that simply just clips on and screws in. When i did mine the foot rest, clutch and brake were really easy it was the accelerator pedal that took a bit of brute force and alot of swearing lol.
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

1st Gear

Status
    Ok, thanks for that mate..I have got the footrest, but doubt i'll buy the RS4 footrest, the price increase to include the footrest is double !

3rd Gear

Status
    A4 RS4 stainless steel pedal set Genuine Audi RHD ONLY on eBay (end time 16-Jan-11 13:55:27 GMT)

These are good but you don't get the foot rest, the foot rest bumps the price up to 105, keep looking on ebay, i bought a full set with footrest for 45.

3rd Gear

Status
    No probs mate, it does look good when its done

1st Gear

Status
    I'll keep looking then.. I think 105 to include the footrest is to steep. Can you get them from dealers here ?

3rd Gear

Status
    Probably but i haven't got a clue how much they would be, best bet is to keep looking on ebay they do come up, or maybe try a breakers

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Complete ***** of a job to do, I soaked mine in really hot water for a while before fitting them.
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

1st Gear

Status
    Hello Paul
    If I can get the RNS-e I want i'll be after a Dbl din cage from you
    How much are they direct from audi mate ?
    Steve

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    once you've got the old ones off, apply copious amounts of hairspray to the pedals before fitting the new ones. This lubricates the pedal (allowing easier fitting of the new ones) and then drys to stick them in place with no harmful effect on the rubber, paint or metal.
    Last edited by beanoir; 13th January 2011 at 14:29.
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

www.essexdriversclub.com

1st Gear

Status
    ahh..ok i'l remember that

3rd Gear

Status
    Double din cages are about 40 from a dealer....... unlike the e-bay ones some guys are selling for 100.....
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

BahnStormer

Status
    as above: straight swap, no modding, the old ones can be pried off pretty easily (once warmed up) and the new ones should be straight forward (with a bit of sweating and swearing) to slot on:but as mentioned already; lots of hairspray and pre-soak in warm water and have a hairdryer ready to run in the footwell too, to warm them up a bit more... only things I'd add is you need a nice collection of old (smooth) flat head screw-drivers and make sure you're comfortable on your knees (cushion, etc)... I used a small set of bike tyre repair "paddles" (that you use for removing tyres)... which limits the chance of nicking the rubber because you will need to be very first with them.

I've posted the times before, but it was something like 1mins for the footrest, 15mins for the clutch, 10mins for the brake and then about an hour for the accellerator, but then I didn't start the pre-warming and lubricants, etc PROPERLY until about 30-40mins into doing the accelerator.
    Last edited by BahnStormer77; 14th January 2011 at 06:51.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

Neutral

Status
    I got a secondhand pristine set off someone on here for half price a while back. Took some effort to get on and I put a crack in the flat bit of the clutch pedal itself - I hadn't realised the actual pedal was plastic and didn't appreciate that my efforts to get the cover on could snap anything! All is fine because once the replacement pedal was on it gave it solidity. Some of the advice above about heating and using hairspray, etc might just make the difference!

1st Gear

Status
    Ok Guys, thanks for all the advice..as soon as a decent set come up i'll have them !
    Steve