Xcarlink and iPhone 4! What's your experience in using it?

ashatplay

Just Keep Swimming!
Reaction score
I have just fitted the xcarlink + Bluetooth adaptor! The install went well. Managed to fit the mic in the map light casing, and run the cable up through the credit card drawer! All is good? Unfortunately I get terrible gsm noise when the phone is connected to the cable. I have triple shielded the cable and connected the shield to an earth and still I get the dreaded pips!

I have a chorus headunit with Bose and a cd changer on the glovebox

Has anyone else had this problem? I am thinking of returning it and installing a Denison. Any opinions?

Have you got the problem i have which is when connected by the dock for music, when you make or answer a call the music plays in the background?

No mine seems ok during s call, although the person on the other end can hear some hissing noise. My music pauses when a call comes in!

So does mine, just when you answer the call it seems like its playing the music in the background of the call. Think it might be more to do with the phone.

Dunno, I think the kit is designed primarily for iPods rather than phones. They seem to have just tagged on the Bluetooth. The harness and box should be shielded if it's being connected to mobile!

I have just fitted the xcarlink + Bluetooth adaptor! The install went well. Managed to fit the mic in the map light casing, and run the cable up through the credit card drawer! All is good? Unfortunately I get terrible gsm noise when the phone is connected to the cable. I have triple shielded the cable and connected the shield to an earth and still I get the dreaded pips!

I have a chorus headunit with Bose and a cd changer on the glovebox

Has anyone else had this problem? I am thinking of returning it and installing a Denison. Any opinions?

I have the same setup only a concert head unit in my B6, and no bluetooth module on the Xcarlink. When i first installed it all i tried it with the engine off and there was minor feedback, i tried everything but could not get rid of it when my iphone was selected. However i then noticed if i turn the engine on then i can not here it over the note of the engine. (thats how quiet the hum was, but i am an audiophile so it annoyed me!)

Occasionally i get the good old bip bip bipping from a phone to near a radio. however this can be got round by putting it into plane mode, not that i ever bother!

Have you got the problem i have which is when connected by the dock for music, when you make or answer a call the music plays in the background?

YES! Mine does this too. it annoys me soo much. I have to go into the Ipod on the phone and stop the music during a call.

it also does it through my cars bluetooth handsfree kit when thats on. this has something to do with the programming of the iphone (can't remember what exactly) but i remember if your iphone is jailbroken you can stop it from doing this!

thanks ill check it out, does the audio sound good?? The a2dp on the xcarlink is bad!

ooooh just saw this on you tube! this may be my solution!

Parrot - Hands free systems

vue1.jpg

the parrot asteroid! looks good and does everything!

Last edited: