Badger5JMB Retrofits
    Az
    Hard slammed!

Status

Anyone looking to buy a new set of 18" wheels and tyres? Or swap your 19's?

Hi all,

I thought I'd post in here to see if anyone is looking to buy a new set of wheels and tyres, or could be tempted by some....

I've attempted to post up in the classified section but no matter what I do this site just will not upload my photos, but every other site does with ease??

Anyway, I've got a 1 month old set of Brabus monoblock VI diamond cut 18" alloys in 8.5" wide 5x112 fitment, offset is either 35 or 38, and centre bore is 57.1, completely unmarked and as new, not a blemish or mark anywhere, and all fitted with virtually brand new Michelin pilot sport 3 tyres in 225/40/18's, all have 7mm of tread left (8mm when new) and all are in perfect condition with no punctures. These tyres are epic and very expensive, costing me Ł600 new!

The wheel and tyre combo cost me Ł1100 in total, but all I want is Ł700 for them.

OR

I could be tempted to do a swap with some decent 19's with decent tyres.

Cheers,
    Az

Last edited by Az; 11th January 2011 at 14:27.
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

2. # ADS
    ADS

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    You should of went for 19's from the start. The Brabus rep's are a nice clean wheel and look the part, when i rolled up at AITP 2009 i had mixed feedback on running my Brabus/Merc style rim's. They should sell no problem Good luck.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Yep your right, I should of took the plunge and gone for 19's, but the only reason I didn't was because I'd just shelled out the Ł600 on the pilot sports.

The thing is I know I'm gonna be sacrificing some ride comfort if I go up to 19's, as it is the ride quality is so good with the 18's.

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    The thing is I know I'm gonna be sacrificing some ride comfort if I go up to 19's, as it is the ride quality is so good with the 18's.
    Ride comfort and quality is fine with 19's.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

Neutral

Status
    Oh man i want these so bad!

Only concern besides spending the money, is load ratings on the tyres. Suitable for an Avant?

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Yes they'll be absolutely fine on an Avant as they are the extra load tyres, I opted for the extra loads when I bought them.

Neutral

Status
    Lovely. I will definitely have a long think about it.

The deal clincher i think will be your location. Im in Surrey so dependent on where you are there could be extra costs involved with regards to either delivery or collection.

Also. are these wheels genuine or replicas? and are they any heavier than standard issue Audi wheels and can my standard alloy wheel nuts suffice to hold them on?

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    I've pm'd you mate regarding your queries, and answered them all.

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanA4Avant View Post
    Lovely. I will definitely have a long think about it.

The deal clincher i think will be your location. Im in Surrey so dependent on where you are there could be extra costs involved with regards to either delivery or collection.

Also. are these wheels genuine or replicas? and are they any heavier than standard issue Audi wheels and can my standard alloy wheel nuts suffice to hold them on?
    I'm not sure if my pm's are working mate as I haven't had replies for quite a while throughout that now, so I'll answer your questions here and for anyone else who is interested.

I'm based in Hemel Hempstead, hertfordshire, which is junction 20 on the M25 or junction 8 on the M1, so depending on where you are in Surrey you may only be half hour or so down the road from me.

The wheels are replicas, genuine brabus wheels sell for around Ł1500 without Tyres second hand, and will probably be about double that figure brand new! These are extremely well made though, not a single blemish on the manufacturing of the wheel, I honestly can't find a single fault with them.

Weight wise, I had genuine S4 18" Avus alloys on this before and I couldn't decide which was the heavier of the two wheels, I can't feel any difference in how the car drives either, it doesn't feel any slower through the gears due to a heavier wheel.

The standard wheel bolts won't fit aftermarket wheels properly as they have rounded seats to the bolt which meets the wheel rather than a 45 degree taper which aftermarket wheels have, so I can give anyone who buys the wheels my aftermarket bolts and locking wheel bolts as well so you don't need to worry about that.

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Jeeeez, talk about spamming threads! Lol.

If anyone is interested in my brabus reps they are now sold!

So buy N8's RS6 reps instead!