Switch to a golf???

Leea4tdi

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Ive currently got a a4 2.5 tdi quattro sport 180, and im toying with the idea of selling to switch to a newer mk5 golf 2.0 tdi 140, has anyone driven one if so what are they like to live with. am i in for some dissapointment over my current car?

tbh i love the audi it's never let me down but the fuel prices are starting to bite, currently on 130k but drives like a dream (so far)

cheers

the mk5 golf is very nice with plenty of torque etc, but one thing i noticed coming down from vw to audi is that the audi just feels so much more classier: especially on the motorway. better finish, insulation from wind noise etc.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Whenever I speak to people who have gone from a Audi to a VW they all seem to regret it - have you looked at the A3's?

PS - I was looking at Golf MK5 Gti's recently!!!! lol

Seriously though, my neighbour has one, I think he's got a GT Sport 140 D? nice car, looks good. I did have a MK4 130 TDi and it was an excellent car for sure

Why exactly are you wanting to change?

I dont think you'll feel anything but dissapointment changing from an A4 quattro to a fwd hatchback...

If its fuel costs alone, then why not buy a smaller engined A4?

Thinking of getting one of these to replace the wifes corsa (hate that car!), been looking at A3's
and 2005-2007 3 door, golf GTI'S, I had one of the first 16v one's on a D plate in 1989 when it was just two years old, loved that car, Proper build quality, just like Audi's IMO....

Thanks for the info guys, Ive had a change of heart and i will be keeping the audi, ive looked after her since ive had it and overall im very confident i have a good one which should last me for a long time to come. touch wood