Stolen Audi S4 - Please Read and Help if possible

Let everyone no about it what area did it get stolen from
And what colour spec ect????!

it's in the other thread: Blue S4, debadged, OEM Avus III wheels, RS4 brakes and slightly non-standard exhaust.

Pretty much the same as this:
4299375190_b8b12f57d4.jpg

Just bumping this back up for those who may not have seen it

Yes,

Iv'e seen the post, i'm miles away though but will keep my eyes peeled for the car. Not a single Audi drives anywhere near me without me having a good look anyway.

Last edited:
well im also miles away but will keep an eye out more than likely in a container though sorry to hear that

BTTT, gone 8 days now, it does not look good!, on a plus side the lady I spoke to at the insurance company was very pleasant, she requested that I send to them the originals, not copies of MOT, logbook, service history and any spare keys, and also a photocopy of my driving licence, am I right in thinking this is the normal proceedure?

BTTT, gone 8 days now, it does not look good!, on a plus side the lady I spoke to at the insurance company was very pleasant, she requested that I send to them the originals, not copies of MOT, logbook, service history and any spare keys, and also a photocopy of my driving licence, am I right in thinking this is the normal proceedure?

Yes, they will be looking for any way to reduce their payout they offer you if not recovered. They are often quite pleasant to start with.

Sorry for your loss

Car recovered today, condition not yet known although it is reported to still be in one piece, hoping to inspect vehicle tomorrow.
Any ideas on cost for replacing all locks and keys, Im guessing this will be Audi dealership only type repairs.

Thats good news I guess?

I'd wait and see it before you guess at repair costs myself, I'm assuming the insurance will foot the repair bill?

Yes, they will be looking for any way to reduce their payout they offer you if not recovered. They are often quite pleasant to start with.

At the risk of stating the obvious, I assume you haven't told them that the keys were in the ignition?

I knew of someone who had their car stolen off their driveway while they briefly went back into the house. Virtually a brand new car but as soon as insurance company knew that the keys had been in the ignition they refused to pay out. Arguments went on for months but insurance company refused to give in. Poor guy lost his car and was still left with paying the finance company.

Pleased to hear your car has been recovered but think the same situation could apply if you need to claim on your insurance for any damage.

I will have to inspect the car before I make any decisions, the cost of any repairs may be cheaper than the inflated insurance premiums and policy excess.

Audi will be able to deactivate any keys which you don't have in your possession by coding all the current keys to your car.

This will stop the remote working and will stop the immobiliser working with the missing key.

In my manual it says if you lose a key go to he dealer to get it deactivated.

However this wont stop them opening the doors using the lock!

Hi
I have just posted a new thread regarding changing locks regarding what is involved, how many locks are there, and what sort of cost would I be looking at assuming it is main dealer fix?

I have no idea. Id guess:
-Drivers side lock
-Boot lock
-Glove box lock
-Ignition barrel
-Coding to immobiliser and central locking (i guess this would be an hour diagnostics at the audi garage)

If you wanted to do it on the cheap id get a drivers side handle with no key hole (ie from a left hand drive car) then remove the lock from the rear somehow. (so there are no locks on the outside) Then get the old keys and remote removed from the system.

The problem with this is you would be fully reliant on the central locking.

I suppose I will have to speak to Audi dealership and take a chair with me!!
I dont like the thought of somebody who knows where I live/keep my car having a key and being able to gain access to it even if they can't physically drive it away.