EM TuningMonster Motorsport

Thread: gear box mount

1st Gear

Status

gear box mount

The gearbox mount on my multitronic g/box is shot due to a bad oil leak i had which ran down the g/box mount splitting the rubber.The thing is when i priced up a new one from tps it was Ł50plus vat for the rubber which i could live with ...but the part has been superceded by a new part which requires a new g/box cross member at the princely sum of Ł200 plus vat. Ł300 to replace a rubber bush is just taken the piss .Has anyone else came across this problem and did you find a cheaper fix .
    I've jammed a bit of wood in it just now to get me by but obviously it's only a temp fix (bodge)
    I'll tell you these cars are meant to be reliable thats why we all pay a bit more than you're average car ,but i'll tell you what i've never had to spend so much repairing faults on a car in all my car owning life .Definetly makes you wonder if it's all worth it I'm starting to think no
    thanks in advance
    Ali
    02 A4 Avant 18T Sport (163) Multi
    Sat Nav+ , Grey alcantara
    RS4 Alloys ,EBC Discs & Pads

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Alternatively does anyone know if the multitronic and tiptronic use the same cross member /mount at least then i could try and find one at the scrappies
    02 A4 Avant 18T Sport (163) Multi
    Sat Nav+ , Grey alcantara
    RS4 Alloys ,EBC Discs & Pads