fitted cruise control and its a no go???

millwrx

Reaction score
fitted my Q module tonight and cruise stalk,followed the coding via vcds,the module was a secondhand one so i have recoded it to the car,all my dis works corectley as it did before,theres no fault codes stored and the cruise is activated,but when driven the stalk does not work?i have noticed that there is a difference in the cruise stalks on some models so hoping i have the right one,also if i had put the incorrect values in when it asked me to put the coding in on the ABS coding part the main bit being the brake code,eg 16",brembo etc could this be the fault???the 16" is the size of the wheel i take?
cheers

Last edited:
just looking at some old threads,could be my blue clutch switch,will bridge the two wires and try this,also as my car is a 51 plate avant i have read that there might be a wire that is needed to the clocks and not the one for the low level washer light,anyone shed some light on this??

i did mine the same as you and mine is a 51 plate also, i dought you will need the extra wire its only a very few cars that need it, it is most likely to be the clutch switch if the coding is correct. the brakes and are likely to be 15 not 16. Hope this is of help

yep it was the clutch switch,took it apart and found that the conection inside had brokern off,soldered it back on,rebuilt the switch and it works a treat,can see why so many are brokern as you need to have the pedal down when fitted,or the rod can break the inside of the switch