2.5 tdi avant rear wiper problem

vorsprung dork

Reaction score
hi new to site today! hello! my 2004 avant rear wiper stoped working today! i got the car last march and the squirty washer jet thingy was blocked solid with horse poo and man fat! so i binned it and chucked on a new one ! hey ho all good! this has been free of dirt all the time since so no water was getting back to the motor ect! the only thing that could have a bearing on this breaking is that when it was minus 15 a few weeks ago i tryed to operate the wiper with frozen snow welding it in place! could this have been my downfall! the washer mech still works!! please help!

I have a simalar problem on mine, only the wiper WON'T stop working. Apparant comon problem where water travels back & causes damage to the motor. Getting a new motor fitted (under warranty LOL) next week so all should be OK then.

no m8 not the fuse! it started working again today! but not properly must be shagged then! anyone know where i can get it fixed for the price of a fag and a pint! or do i have to pay with an eyeball or mabye my nuts???

seen one on ebay for £69 all in! new from germany! also reconditioned ones for £39! reconditioned does that mean my motor can be fixed at a resonable price rather than buying a new one!

Chances are it will happen again (because it's a design fault) time will tell I guess, personally for the sake of £30 I'd buy new :thumbsup: