over smokey diesel

the jammy one

Reaction score
hi there wondering if anyone has any clues audi a4 avant 2.5tdi full head rebuild cambelt waterpump ect changed ran in infact done at least 5k since done everytime i start car it chufs loads of smoke it clears when driving and dont notice it at all but the enitial start it bellows its herndos it does take awhile to fire aswel im thinking change glowplugs see if it fires up quicker with less smoke as this could be excess diesel or maybe pump timing ut anyone able to help??:scared2:

Change your plugs first fella that will b number one on my list then go from there mate diesels do smoke a lot when the weather is a bit colder mind so has it been happening just as it started to get cold??

My truck smokes like an old whore for the first minuet or so after that she's sweet :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Check timing first then change plugs. Beware the plugs are easy to snap in the head so use wd40 or plus gas for a few days before and only take them off with a hot engine !

Check timing first then change plugs. Beware the plugs are easy to snap in the head so use wd40 or plus gas for a few days before and only take them off with a hot engine !

Now that is a TOP TIP if ever i heard one!