AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Nic
    Neutral

Status

Audi a4 1.8t exhaust

Hi can anyone help, ive had the above car for 4 months now, but on start up it sounds like the exhaust has fallen off , till it warms up slightly then it sounds ok , i know the old owner had the cat taken out and all the exhaust welded up ,so id be looking at changing the lot ? Whats the best system and a rough price would be cool

This is the car in question ,also its 5 speed . i dont know much about audis only that i dont see many like this one

Id even be happy with a standard system

2. # ADS
    ADS

Nic
    Neutral

Status
    Oh and it has a turbo technics badge on the back ?!!!

Low Life

Status
    I'd get rid while you can... sounds terminal.

I'll let you hand it over to me for a small fee...!

Could be the cam chain tensioner needing replacing. The wife's TT has a similar problem. It's on the list of things to do...
    NEW 6 cylinder 40mm front springs - £40

PM me for more info

Nic
    Neutral

Status
    Ive never heard an exhaust like it before haha , sounds dreadfull on start up.

Also what kit is it on the car as ive not seen another one the same yet

pjw
    1st Gear

Status
    You might get more joy in the section for your car, is that a B7?

Take it into kwikfit. They can do a free exhaust and brake check, you just give them an hour. See if you can hang around while theyre doing it (they usually dont mind) and you can spot if the exhaust is blowing or something. They will come at you with a quote and a list of things you "want to replace" but you can just ignore it and drive home. They have the benefits of getting it up on ramps and having a good look, and you can just drive in without making an appointment.

They also will give you a print out showing all your tyre treads, brake thicknesses and exhaust condition. Good for the history and you know where you stand with a new car without even getting mucky.
    Paul

Purpur A4 B5 - -50mm - S4 Interior - RS6 Alloys - 3" Stainless Exhaust - K&N Intake - HID

5th Gear

Status
    it is a B6

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    It's fitted with a Votex kit, they're fairly unusual but not massively so.

The Kwik Fit shout is a good one, to get the exhaust health checked, and go from there. Whatever you do you need to end up with 100mm tips welded onto the back box, as anything less looks lost in the rear Votex exhaust openings.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

DOPE with added OCD

Status
    I guarantee you Kwikfit will find problems (and more problems and problems that are coming up soon...)

Nic
    Neutral

Status
    Ok the car now needs a new cat back system as the old owner has bodged it to bits . Whats a good system to get that dont cost the earth ??????

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    I went for a blueflame system and 200 cell cat for 720. But that was part of a group buy..
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

3rd Gear

Status
    SNAP !! Welcome to the Votex club.

Good luck with Exhaust, I am sure everyone will have different opinions. I went to Longlife with a previous car I owned and they did an awesome job, but they are franchises so can vary place to place. I went here:
    Style Dynamix UK, Unit 11, Bullsbrook Road,Bullsbrook Industrial Estate,Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 0JZ

Milltek are nearly always a good shout. http://www.millteksport.com
    Need pinstriping? : www.crazypainter.com

A4.. 1.8T.. Remapped .. Saloon.. Atlas Grey.. Votex Kit..

mickyray

Status
    I am looking at having a custom SS system intalled on my A4 1.8 T quattro and I have been quoted 350.00. The firm is in Stourbridge just outside Birmingham ( LTC ). I am still looking aqt other options. If anyone has used this firm please let me know.

MickyRay

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

Nic
    Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypainter View Post
    SNAP !! Welcome to the Votex club.

Good luck with Exhaust, I am sure everyone will have different opinions. I went to Longlife with a previous car I owned and they did an awesome job, but they are franchises so can vary place to place. I went here:
    Style Dynamix UK, Unit 11, Bullsbrook Road,Bullsbrook Industrial Estate,Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 0JZ

Milltek are nearly always a good shout. http://www.millteksport.com
    Hi mate, thats the 1st one ive seen other than mine . i will take alook at the links as i need this sorting out asap

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    ive heard good things about midlands exhausts.

oh and you dont see any votex kitted cars for ages then i saw 3 in a day! must have been a convension.

very nice motor. is it just a turbo technics badge or has it been modded?
    Last edited by swarcup; 28th February 2011 at 21:16.
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

Nic
    Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by swarcup View Post
    ive heard good things about midlands exhausts.

oh and you dont see any votex kitted cars for ages then i saw 3 in a day! must have been a convension.

very nice motor. is it just a turbo technics badge or has it been modded?
    The old owner said it was mapped to 300bhp but the car wouldnt run correct , so he took it back to audi and they dropped it to 250bhp , i dont beleve the guy tbh. it has a new intercooler below the front plate hidden behind the bumper which he said was off a s3

Status
    Sound like the guy was full of it because no K03 turbo on a A4 could be mapped to 300bhp let alone 250bhp, bet bet if it's chipped at all is around 215-220bhp.

I run a Milltek with a 034 sport CAT, CAT give me 12bhp on its own.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

1st Gear

Status
    Meerkat exhausts did mine a few months ago - great job and fantastic sound. only prob is they are not around the corner from you, unless you are on a wee holiday in scotland!! lol i paid 230 i think - from down-pipe back & kept the back boxes as they were ok - just replaced the trims at the same time.
    wish i'd bought a beemer now....

Nic
    Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by docurley View Post
    Sound like the guy was full of it because no K03 turbo on a A4 could be mapped to 300bhp let alone 250bhp, bet bet if it's chipped at all is around 215-220bhp.

I run a Milltek with a 034 sport CAT, CAT give me 12bhp on its own.
    Im not to sure if it has the standard turbo on the car, its a fast car as before i had a audi s3 and it would wipe the floor with that . thanks for all the info

Nic
    Neutral

Status
    Just found in the service history a notice saying it is fitted with a turbo technic's turbo

Status
    Then you clearly do not have a k03 under the bonnet if this thing quickerthan an S3.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

3rd Gear

Status
    Heres a Pic of my Car with a Votex Rear Skirt and Blueflame Performance Exhaust with 100mm Tips + 200 Cell High Flow Cat..
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

Nic
    Neutral

Status
    Hi again, went to a local breakers today and theres a audi 2.0 tdi s line, are these exhaust the same. ONLY from the middle centre box back ? Just they look the same and he said i could have it for 40