Badger5EM Tuning
    2nd Gear

Status

Help with car radio can it take an Ipod.

Hi all, can anybody tell me whether the audi head unit the one with the 6 Disc in dash ( think its the concert 2 model??? ) has a plug in jack in the back???

I've been bought an Ipod connector for crimbo but it needs a lead in to the head unit a bit like plugging head fones in.

I dont want to take the head unit out before knowing whether its got a jack port on the back.

If it doesn't have a jack plug in is there any way i can connect the ipod up using the jack that it comes with..
    Thanks for any advice!!!!!
    A4 TDI SPORT with full leather and thats it as standard.Fitted by me.Remap,S-LINE BADGES.S4 Wing mirrors.DIS,Seat Cupra splitter.Rear parking sensors.5k hids+LED side lights+DRL lights+chrome indicator bulbs,amber fog lights.LED Xenon number plate bulbs,upper/lower front grills+boot strip in matt black.Ipod dock.19" BMW X5 SPORT CONCAVE ALLOYS,9 J FRONT 10 J REAR 20mm hub adapters front ET 28,18mm hub adapters rear ET 27.

TO DO.B5 spring perches.Renault rear diffuser?? S/S exhaust.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Anybody ????????
    A4 TDI SPORT with full leather and thats it as standard.Fitted by me.Remap,S-LINE BADGES.S4 Wing mirrors.DIS,Seat Cupra splitter.Rear parking sensors.5k hids+LED side lights+DRL lights+chrome indicator bulbs,amber fog lights.LED Xenon number plate bulbs,upper/lower front grills+boot strip in matt black.Ipod dock.19" BMW X5 SPORT CONCAVE ALLOYS,9 J FRONT 10 J REAR 20mm hub adapters front ET 28,18mm hub adapters rear ET 27.

5th Gear

Status
    You need the genuine Audi ipod addaptor to make your headunit recognise a ipod,it uses reads the ipod instead of a cd changer,these are around 70 new and very basic i.e it doesn't give you full ipod control,i had one of these in mine although i had a different head unit to you and that was one of the reasons for changing it for a media system.
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

2nd Gear

Status
    Damn thats a shame as the one that the misses has bought me is really nice, i thought that it was just plug and play in the back, why do Audi have to make things so hard???

Hard To Spin

Status
    i had this issue a while back and phoned Audi to see if their iPod adapter kit was compatible, supposedly theyre only compatible with B7 and later, i had to go to dension and get a gateway 100 kit for around 140, i couldnt find any other option, its alot of money but worth it, it plugs into the ISO connector at the back of the unit and has a cable running to a box which can accommodate either just a cable to your iPod/phone or a headphone jack.
    2004 A4 Avant 190 (6) S'Line 1.8Tq | 18'' RS4s, GIAC Stage 1+, 007P, Miltek cat, ambient lights, Black Grill Mod, Jetex high flow filter, Gateway 100, Number Plate LEDs, DIS, Turbosmart 30psi Boost Gauge, 230bhp on a cold day!! much more to come next year!!

Future Mods | Drilled discs, milltek exhaust, red stuff pads, coilovers, in other words ...... $$$$$$$$$$!!

1st Gear

Status
    Xcarlink will do an adapter, and it will charge it, and have controls on your radio. Thats what i have in mine, however mine is a concert with 6 cd changer in the glove box!
    2004 A4 Quattro 190 S-Line - Akoya Silver, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Full interior lighting pack. - Now sold... Gutted miss is already!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by j033y View Post
    Xcarlink will do an adapter, and it will charge it, and have controls on your radio. Thats what i have in mine, however mine is a concert with 6 cd changer in the glove box!
    How much was it? and was it a pain to fit?

4th Gear

Status
    I've got the x-car link adaptor too, and it works great. I still have control of my 6 cd changer as well, not that it gets any use since I got the adaptor. It mutes the music if you get a call, and also overlays sat nav instructions through your speakers as well if you use your iPhone for navigation as I do. There is also an optional Bluetooth module if you need that.

Fitting was easy, just remove the head unit, find a route through to wherever you're installing the unit (I chose the glove box), and then route the cable from the box to your iPod/iPhone.

I had to drill a small hole in the side of the glove box next to the centre console side to route the cable, bu that's about the hardest part. The cable to my iPhone routes out between the lid and centre console, and is the only visible bit of the installation.

Cost was about 80 if I remember correctly, and that included a jack cable so I can attach other devices just using a headphone socket. Can't remember how much the Bluetooth module was, but it wasn't expensive.
    Audi S3 - 2002MY - Denim Blue - Gone
    VW Polo GTI - 2011MY - Candy White - Here

2nd Gear

Status
    O that all sounds like a plan to me then, did you get the bits from Ebay, or a shop....I feel some IPOD action a coming......

4th Gear

Status
    I got mine from here;

Audi iPod Interface*::*AUDI*::*XCarLink

The link is the one that fits my head unit/year, so you may need a different one if you've got a different unit/newer vehicle.

Bluetooth module is another 40.

Delivery was next day, so very pleased.
    Audi S3 - 2002MY - Denim Blue - Gone
    VW Polo GTI - 2011MY - Candy White - Here

2nd Gear

Status
    Thank you i've just read the link and i think even i could fit this unit....