Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Chugging along

Status

URGENT HELP REQUIRED: RNS-E

Guys and Gals

Urgently need an answer to an RNS-E installation problem relating directly to the A4 with BOSE (the ICE/SATNAV forum seems a tad quiet hence the reason for posting here)

I've bought an adapter cable from Fleabay (not a Kufatec one) and it doesn't have a BOSE pin fitted in slot 7 of connector B, I've had a rummage round on t'internet and found that you have to move the pin from B5 to B7 - so I've done that....

But, I've also seen in some places (but not all) that you need to move a pin from C7 to B5 - does anyone know definitively if this pin needs to be moved?? Reason I ask, is that C7 appears to be vacant, so there is no pin to move to B5!

Confused? Me too...

I just want to get this installed and working!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Chugging along

Status
    Oh, and a related question - when moving the pins, do both ends need to be shifted, or just the Quadlock end??

Should have bought a KUFATEC one!

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    You only have to move the bose pin on the quad lock end.

edit - You have to move it from 3 to 7 not 5!
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

Chugging along

Status
    Ahhhh - makes sense, I wondered why I'd be losing the K-Line connection.

Do I take it the C7 pin swap is a red herring then?

Thanks for the info - one last question re the coding - if I don't get it coded immediately, will it work in the interim, or is it going to be useless until I can find someone to do the business for me?

Thanks again

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Should work but just won't show on the DIS etc

Ignore other pin swap
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

Chugging along

Status
    Well, its in and working - and I love it already!

Such a simple upgrade, but it really transforms the interior!

Got to relocate the GPS antenna as its currently struggling to pick up many satellites - my fault, didn't have time to pull the glovebox out to stash it properly.

I've got the radio station info etc displayed in the DIS, but should I get directions too?

BahnStormer

Status
    I can only get direction sif I turn my RNS-E off and back on again, then the directions pop up... it's a bug on earlier models or something... has to be done every time the igniftion is turned off... otherwise the DISjsut scrolls stright past it.... once it's been "activated" (off and back on), then it scrolls through the directions as one of the DIS categories (blank, 1, 2, trip, directions).
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    A simple pin map from your old radio to your rns would solve the pin relocation, just follow the old pin through the adapter & to the quadlock & see if its in the correct location as per the label on the top of the rns, your old radio should also have a label to see where the Bose pin was originally, its that easy.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Should you get a menu on the D.I.S once the RNS-E is installed on a b6?
    2001 S3

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lostbok View Post
    I can only get direction sif I turn my RNS-E off and back on again, then the directions pop up... it's a bug on earlier models or something... has to be done every time the igniftion is turned off... otherwise the DISjsut scrolls stright past it.... once it's been "activated" (off and back on), then it scrolls through the directions as one of the DIS categories (blank, 1, 2, trip, directions).
    Mine does this too! I always thought it was a fault.
    Is this something that can be fixed with a firmware upgrade?

3rd Gear

Status
    I have just took my RNS-E DVD out and noticed that my Bose wire on the Kufatec adaptor goes from B7 to D12 which is the power connector KL.31. Just wanted to check if this is correct or not. When i put it in i thought it didn't sound as good as my Symphony II that i replaced.
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

Neutral

Status
    The issue with the DIS not displaying the nav info is known and not fixable. At least not yet. B6's only had RNS-E with a colour DIS, this is the reason. It does, occasionally, work as it should on mine, seems to be when I unlock the car and wait a while before starting her up.
    '04 A4 Avant 1.8T Quattro LE - Retrofitted: RNS-E, Bluetooth, front centre ambient lights, full DIS, cruise control, alcantara steering wheel, more to follow....

Gone but not forgotten - '98 A3 1.6 SE, '01 S3, '01 A4 1.8T Quattro SE, '02 TTC 225, '04 A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line DSG