Xenon headlight auto adjust

LandSpeed

Reaction score
i had to have the front end off on my a4 and now the auto adjust headlight is now not working, im hoping it just needs resetting, would this be a vagcom job ?

I know when my front end got replaced through an accident, it had to goto a dealer for this to be done. I assume it was for the vagcom at the dealer to adjust the lights.

right, ive had the fault cleared with VCDS, it was coming up with issues with the motors, but like i say, they have all been cleared. The Auto Adjust symbol is now not showing on my dash :o.k:

BUT

if i start my car then turn my lights on, they do not do their little self test at the start (lower then raise)

but if i turn the engine off and still keep my lights on, then restart the car they do lower then raise. (ie starting the engine with my lights already on)
(i hope i have explained that well enough)

what is the sequence with everyone else who has Factory Fit Xenons.

Last edited:
no, because they would have already auto adjusted when i started the engine . best thing to do, stand in front of your car, get some one to start the engine with the lights off, and watch, they should do the magic up and down trick regardless of on or off lights, mine do.

Top man Turkster, just been outside and tested this and they auto adjusted with the lights off.

i always thought they auto adjusted only when the lights are turned on......but yet again i was wrong

Thanks fella

i thought i was going mad, but obviously when i started the engine and then immediatly turn my lights on, the headlights were still going through the auto level procedure and not going through the operation because i had switched them on !!!

if you know waht i mean lol