New Member + question?

Point_Audi

Vorsprung durch Technik
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post, so I would first like to introduce myself. I have an Audi A4 2.0 Sport, this is my first Audi and I am extreamly happy! :yes:

STA70556.jpg

I need some advice if possible. I was wondering if anyone knew about the measuring blocks in VAGcom and how to make adjustments??

Bascially I have had the error p0420 showing up for the past few months. Every so often the light will go out, but three days later it returns. My mechanic has checked for exhaust leaks, tested both the rear and front sensor along with the Cataylic Convertor. The cataylic convertor is the problem as it is not functioning efficiently but enough to pass MOT etc. I had enquired about getting the Revo Stage 2 software upgrade and the guy told me that I can make an adjust with the the values by using the measuirng blocks. He said you can change the vaule so that the EML would never be flagged for that fault.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Shaun

isnt that fault cat efficiency below threshold? unlikly to be the cat itself mate, that code can be such a red herring.
more likely to be the injectors being dirty, scruffy valve seats taking the edge off the compression figures. just enough to make the second lambda think the cats not working so well.

Sorry about the delay in my reply! I did have the injectors cleaned but this did not solve the problem. .. I am debating what to do, as the light is starting to get annoying, as it comes back on a week later after the codes have been cleared! .. Do you have any more ideas, or do you knowing anything about changing figures using VAG Com. There has to be a way to set a higher value so the computer will never flag the P0420 error!

Thanks for you help!