190 quattro sport MPG

jimmy77

Reaction score
what MPG do you guys get out of your 190 quattro sport? i havnt filled the tank yet but i just got 200 miles too £40 the fuel was morrisons stuff and i think it was £1.23 per L in the summer i was using shell super plus and got around 115 miles from £20 and thats a bit more expensive!!
i am allso getting a revo remap next week will i see any gains or will it use much more juice?

1. NEVER EVER put morissons fuel anywhere near your car. EVER it does not comply with BS regulations regarding bio fuel content and will degrade your fueling system.

I normally get 340 miles to a full tank. roughly averaging 30mpg ish. if im careful it can go to 35-38 on a run.

My O2 sensor is balls atm so im only expecting 260-280 miles to a tank.

thanks mate, well i didnt know there fuel was so bad, i normally dont use supermarket fuel but was on the way!! i will do a fault code check monday at work but when my intake air sensor was pooped i kept on getting the bank 1 o2 sensor fault but it cleared once intake sensor changed but havnt checked again!! hummm just thinking ive noticed that my car accelerates harder in 4th than 3rd and seems to pull harder on partial throttle not full!! ie floor it but then back it off a bit and pulls better!!!

Yes, 30/33mpg was my average on my 15-mile trip to work. After my Revo remap the fuel consumption was unchanged really - if anything a little better. However the performance was MASSIVELY better. Enjoy!

Here she was, sold now:
02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

nice... is that akoya silver? mine looks just like yours, akoya silver, 19'' rs6's, leather,chrome window rails, tinted windows, sport, i painted the full insert on my rear bumper like the newer ones, its made it look miles better!!

Yes, 30/33mpg was my average on my 15-mile trip to work. After my Revo remap the fuel consumption was unchanged really - if anything a little better. However the performance was MASSIVELY better. Enjoy!

Yep mines the same :)

How the hell are you guys getting between 33-35 mpg ? The best I have seen on a long run is 30mpg, for a 25 mile round trip to work and a 90-100 mile trip to coast at weekends I was getting 25mpg but now were are getting around 19mpg but that's cause the wife uses it for work which is only 2.5 miles away and she's uses it for going to her parents every lunch which again is only 2.5 miles from work.

Fuel consumption didn't improve after remap as I just enjoy using the extra power

How the hell are you guys getting between 33-35 mpg ? The best I have seen on a long run is 30mpg, for a 25 mile round trip to work and a 90-100 mile trip to coast at weekends I was getting 25mpg but now were are getting around 19mpg but that's cause the wife uses it for work which is only 2.5 miles away and she's uses it for going to her parents every lunch which again is only 2.5 miles from work.

Fuel consumption didn't improve after remap as I just enjoy using the extra power

Drive like Miss Daisy :)

Mine averages about 30-32 mpg. depends on a few factors.

Also remember it will be a little worse MPG at moment due to the weather.

Mine averages about 30-32 mpg. depends on a few factors.

Also remember it will be a little worse MPG at moment due to the weather.

should be better due to weather, cold temperature = compressed air and more O2 per voume.

Mines not a Quattro but still a 190.

Average about 26mpg about town. More like 34-36mpg on a run up the motorway if taking it easy

Drive like Miss Daisy :)

Yeah I was thinking that :)

I know my DIS always says that I have 350 range in the tank when I fill up but the light normally comes on around 260-275 miles

I know our mpg is shot at the moment due to the 4 short journeys a day (2.5 miles a time) my wife does as the car is just getting up to normal temp by the time she gets to her destination, so virtually all the trips are on choke (so to speak).

I've tried to drive it like miss daisy on a long trip before, just to see what it would do but I got too bored, so went back to enjoying it, I would of bought a Nissan Micra if I wanted to drive like miss daisy :)

well i suppose i am not that for off the mark by what you guys are getting!! well like i say i am getting a remap before xmas so i will see how i feel then with the extra power compared to the fuel usage but if its not to my liking i will be getting a oil burner again, i have had diesels for ages and love the hard pull of them and with the remap tuning capabilities these days they go like stink and use loads less fuel, well my last car was a bora tdi sport (115 bhp standard) but for some reason it was doing 129bhp on a dyno, but i had it maped and it was 160bhp and the torque was unreal and i do miss it compared to the a4!!

well i suppose i am not that for off the mark by what you guys are getting!! well like i say i am getting a remap before xmas so i will see how i feel then with the extra power compared to the fuel usage but if its not to my liking i will be getting a oil burner again, i have had diesels for ages and love the hard pull of them and with the remap tuning capabilities these days they go like stink and use loads less fuel!!

I think I will be changing to a 3lt tdi next year as they seem to be very tuneable (300ish bhp) and have reasonable mpg but that's if I go with my head and not get tempted by my heart and go for the V8 S4 as my brother in law seems to get similar mpg to me but he has 125bhp, another 4 cylinders & 2.4lts more than me.

Mine is a 190 quattro sportline and it averages about 28mpg and I really can't remember getting any better than about 32mpg on a run I usually run it on tesco's 99.Don't know what you guys make of it but we only seem to have supermarket fuel stations around us.

Am on shell v power, and drive like a siant during the week, on motoway sit a 60 to 70, so on the weekend i dont worry to much about the mpg, had it an avg 18mpg on one trip 30miles:racer:

should be better due to weather, cold temperature = compressed air and more O2 per voume.

My cars have always been worse with the bad weather, Heaters on full, more stop start driving, leaving car running on drive to get warm on cold mornings. And a few other factors. Snow driving was NOT good for the old MPG's! :eyebrows:

My cars have always been worse with the bad weather, Heaters on full, more stop start driving, leaving car running on drive to get warm on cold mornings. And a few other factors. Snow driving was NOT good for the old MPG's! :eyebrows:

Wear a coat and don't stop for anyone :p

I've got a remapped A4 1.8T quattro which is probably putting out around 190bhp (it's the 150bhp version) and I get a solid 30mpg on most fill ups. That's a mixture of A road and motorway commuting, with a bit of stop start at the end. On long journeys that goes up to about 32-33, but I only have the 5 speed box too which really dents the economy at motorway speeds!

Mine is actually more economical since the remap, it's a Jabbasport generic stage 1 job, but it's SO much more fun to drive now!

I've got a 190 with Revo stage 1 remap. My mpg floats around the 20's, but I have certainly been making the most of the extra power which isn't exactly the most economical driving style, haha.

they definitley arent the best cars on fuel,, not much better than an s4 really..

the 1.8t is a very thirsty engine very tuneable though..... i'm lucky to get 30mpg out of an A3 Quattro which is essentialy the same as your 190 sports