VCDS Question

crazy88

Loving the anonymity
Reaction score
Hello all (i know there is a VCDS forum, but it seems that nobody ever visits there, so was hoping to get a faster reply here)

I have a 2002 A4 (B6 model) and have just sorted out all the new gubbins for a 2nd key fob. I got my SKC code, and have successfully coded my new transponder through VCDS. However, I cannot get the key fob to remote open the doors etc. I have followed about 7 guides, all with slight variations i've found on the internet. Mostly along the lines of:

Put ignition on with current key
Insert new key into drivers door lock and lock the car
Hold a funky combination of buttons and lights will flash/ horn sound etc (or not as some people report)
remove key and all should be working.

However, nothing seems to work. :scared2:

Does anybody have a definite way of programming the fob?

I have tried two new batteries in the fob, so i'm thinking it's highly unlikely that it's them.

Any advice would be great!!!!

Thanks

you need to remove previous keys and then add new keys using VCDS

46 - Comfort System Adaptation

Channel 021: Remote Control Matching
[Select]
[46 - Comfort System]
[Adaptation - 10]
Channel 021.
[Read]
Choose the memory position you want the new key be matched on by entering it's number (e.g. "3" for memory positon 3). Make sure to TYPE IN the number instead of scrolling up to it, otherwise you will not be able to click [Test].
[Test]
Now press any button on the remote you want to match.
The meas. block field above will change from Not Recogn. to Recognized.
[Save]

[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]
Note: You can check the current memory positions using Meas. Block 007.

:icon_thumright:

Ahhh, I see. I guess the basic guide for reprogramming is purely when you have a battery go flat on your currently paired key?

Right, back off out to the car! Cheers mate, really appreciate it.

And when you say '3' would I use 2 since I only have two keys? (my current one, and this new one I am trying to pair)??

Thanks again! I love VCDS :)

Thanks again! I did the key numbering for the immobiliser but never twigged I would need to for the basic key fob operation. And to think I was dreading the immobiliser bit, and that was easy as pie! haha

I am off out to the car now, will let you know how it goes.

I got the SKC code from Ben at Shark Performance. He was mapping my car and I got the code then from him.

And i've just been out to do the new fob and it worked perfect mate, thanks so much! I've been out in the cold all night turning the key left and holding unlock for 2 seconds, then lock etc etc etc, haha.

Where are they and how much did they charge to give you the code? The SKC code is the one thing that I haven't got that I really want for mine. Can any company that does re-mapping pull the code from the car?

here

Mansfield mate, so not a million miles from you, but not the closest. I don't think necessarily that anyone can get the SKC code, and as you are probably aware you need to trust the person as the SKC code is pretty much the only thing keeping your car safe really.

I only ever have good things to say about Ben and Shark Performance, the remap is great and he even talked me through the whole key coding so that I could do it myself when I got VCDS. (obviously though he forgot to mention the remote locking part though, haha)

I seem to think it was £40ish, but I could br wrong. I totaled up how much the whole thing had cost me, and it was not a whole lot cheaper than going to Audi for a new key fob, however, I now have the knowledge of how to do it, and the SKC code incase anything goes wrong in the future, whereas I wouldn't have had that from Audi.

I seem to remember that there was two prices, one to reprogram a key in which the price is cheaper but he doesn't tell you the SKC, and the slightly more (40ish) but you get to keep the SKC code forever and ever!

Give him a ring to check though first. And while you're at it, get it remapped, haha!

Ah nice one! I think i'd like the 2.5TDi next, and then no doubt after a year I will remap it ha. Would also love a quattro too, mines just the 130BHP FWD jobbie, but I still love her! :wub: